Home

NBA2k23 will be last gen version

This is a discussion on NBA2k23 will be last gen version within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2022, 05:57 AM   #9
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA2k23 will be last gen version

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Unfortunately 2k confirmed in their FAQ... They simply just don't care about PC. Shouldn't take 2-3 years to port this over. https://nba.2k.com/2k23/faq/

Q: Are there any plans to bring the next generation of NBA 2K titles to PC and Nintendo Switch in the future?

A: This is something the team is passionate about and will continue to investigate what is possible for the franchise in the future. For now, the focus was on assuring NBA 2K23 was optimized for the new consoles (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S), while also making sure the experience remains fresh and innovative for players on other platforms.
See I understand if next gen graphics/lighting isn't coming to the switch but to lump the PC with the switch is what irks me.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:27 AM   #10
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

2k and EA just crapping all over PC. I have a PC that blows the PS5 and Series X out of the water. Let me unleash it.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:39 AM   #11
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Lack of sports titles on PC is the main thing keeping me from going in on a gaming PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2022, 10:40 PM   #12
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

This has always been a weird conundrum to me, especially considering that every game is made on a PC. What creates the difficulty to make the "next-gen" version the standard for PC?
Old 07-20-2022, 05:34 PM   #13
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
This has always been a weird conundrum to me, especially considering that every game is made on a PC. What creates the difficulty to make the "next-gen" version the standard for PC?
💰 money
Plotically Right Response:
The numbers they are looking at in terms of minimum specs PC data would suggest last gen version would encapsulate a greater population of the pc basketball market versus the upgraded version on the ps5/xbox s\x

MY OPINION:
the PC community is probably the least spending on VC for park (not the priority)

If u haven't noticed for the many passed years 2k only makes decision for the greatest amount of possible revenues....no competition equates to companies operating like this

PS I just built my first PC with really nice specs and won't be able to utilize it like I would have wanted to or at least hoping to with sports titles.....
Old 07-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #14
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0

I saw today that apparently FIFA 23 PC version is making the jump over with their new "HyperMotion2 technology". It's not completely comparable, but the new spec requirements for it actually look reasonable. I also saw that they are going to the $70 pricing which I figure will happen whenever Madden and NBA 2K make the jump (next year?).
Old 07-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
MY OPINION:
the PC community is probably the least spending on VC for park (not the priority)
This one is just fact. PC gamers would rather spend money on building a PC rather than on building Myplayer. I've bought console and PC versions so I can play with my brothers and friends on console. PC for modding accuracy since 2k refuses to update some players but since it's not next gen no point in getting it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
I saw today that apparently FIFA 23 PC version is making the jump over with their new "HyperMotion2 technology". It's not completely comparable, but the new spec requirements for it actually look reasonable. I also saw that they are going to the $70 pricing which I figure will happen whenever Madden and NBA 2K make the jump (next year?).
It would be nice but it took a long time for EA to finally change to next gen. I'm afraid we will be waiting for a bit for Madden and NBA2k to make a jump to next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2022, 08:14 PM   #16
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

OVR: 0

Question for the PC community, have any of you seen the Youtube videos featuring 2k23 concept gameplay? I know these are done on PC with mods, but jeeez. I've historically been playing the game on console for years, but I compared my 2k22 next gen PS5 to some of these videos and thought to myself that the PC mod videos are how "next gen" is supposed to look.

Sure, not everything was great, but the players looked taller and don't have the slight hunch when they stand up similar to NBA Live models. The arena lighting looks better, the arena sounds are more realistic, the courts look and crowds look better, and I couldn't get over how good the actual TNT, CBS, etc. overlays with the commentary were.

I don't have a good PC to play the game on PC which is why I have a Ps5, but it makes me wish I did just so I could hook my game up with mods and a good slider/roster set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »