Home

First NBA Live 09 Screenshots

This is a discussion on First NBA Live 09 Screenshots within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #25
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: First NBA Live 09 Screenshots

As always I'm never worried about the graphics in any of these games. They're alway more than good enough for me.

Most of us here are all looking to see the fixes in the long standing trouble areas of course.

It seems as if all the other EA sports games have improved exponentially in terms of player control and animation quality for their '09 versions. We'll have to see if the basketball games will have the same level of improvements.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #26
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It seems as if all the other EA sports games have improved exponentially in terms of player control, animation quality, and community interaction for their '09 versions. We'll have to see if the basketball games will have the same level of improvements.
Fixed.

Hopefully the Madden/NCAA plague will trickle over to the guys over at NBA Live and one of the devs hops on here. I know stephon is already here but it would be nice to cut the middle man out and get direct feedback from one of the guys actually writing code (no offense stephon).

Mike was here a lot when he was with VC, hopefully he finds his way down to the Live board to continue to interact with the OS brethren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 43
Something about Live's player models always looks off, I can't quite put my finger on it though. And when you see them in motion it certainly doesn't help.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #28
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Fixed.

Hopefully the Madden/NCAA plague will trickle over to the guys over at NBA Live and one of the devs hops on here. I know stephon is already here but it would be nice to cut the middle man out and get direct feedback from one of the guys actually writing code (no offense stephon).

Mike was here a lot when he was with VC, hopefully he finds his way down to the Live board to continue to interact with the OS brethren.
None taken. I know what you guys want. It's coming guys, no worries! It just may not necessarily be here.

I don't have to tell you guys that these are super early, but that wouldn't matter anyway. We're all in the same boat here and analyze everything that comes out. That's why I love this!

Last edited by stephensonmc; 06-04-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
LMAO @ the look on Gasol's face..dude is on a mission

Screens look great, as they do every year. Couple nitpicks...the stretching of the numbers on the jerseys looks a bit weird and Garnett still looks like Clyde Drexler but other than that it looks pretty good. Will definitely be holding off until some game play vids drop though..
damn in that pic the crowd looks incredible...
Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #30
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I waited to see how this thread would turn out and wow! The trolls came out of no where, with instant Live and EA bashing! Please take your ignorance and pointless thoughts to the 2k threads. You don't plan on picking this up, so why bother to comment!

To the peeps who said things look bad, well let me begin by telling you why they don't!

First off a lot of you didn't play Live 08 enough to see a difference. The player models are more toned and body types are different and slimmed up! They were all muscular and buff in the previous Live.

Secondly the lighting in the stadiums are different and better than Live 08, you can even see a couple of people walking down the stairs ala 2k.

Look at the sleeve on Kobe's arm! It looks like a real accessory instead of painted on or animated like 2k and Live 08.

Also looks like they are trying to improve body structures and movement!

So many people are seeking faults in these shots, you forget to see what is improved! I know these photos really aren't outstanding or overly great. But they are showing improvement, that is something I've noticed from the first photo. Gasol's face shows emotion and looks good, from the hair, looks like the hair might actually move in-game.

Garnett's face is still a tad off, but neither 2k or EA got that right yet! Details look better, and the lighting on the court looks better as well.

All I can say is so far so good. Jersey's look odd at some points but it seems they are just trying to get a movement physic for it. For all the cry baby's bitching about it. Its not different than 2k's jersey's and shorts constantly disappearing while moving up and down the court. Jersey movement is a difficult feature to get right for both companies. So be easy on childish criticism.

Its a nice start from the few shots shown. Keep up the good work guys, and I look forward to more! Thanks for sharing this so far!

P.S. EA Gasol looks good, but get rid of the pointed noses, almost 88% of everyone had pointed noses, thats wrong. A lot of players have round tip noses, not though devilish noses! Fix that and we good!

Last edited by Behindshadows; 06-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #31
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

crowds in the stands looks good....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #32
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Players look exactly like '08

Arena lighting is vastly improved

EDIT: Also looks like we'll be able to change sneakers this year.

None of that matters much as the player animations in '08 were as stiff as a corpse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »