Home

Mike Wang Has Left EA Canada and the NBA Live Development Team

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Has Left EA Canada and the NBA Live Development Team within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #49
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Mike Wang Has Left EA Canada and the NBA Live Development Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
Interestingly enough, there is "big NBA news" coming from 2K Sports tomorrow.

Sorry 23, but it is interesting. I mean, what news could 2K have on their NBA series right after this announcement? It only makes sense, but we'll see.
''

Is it confirmed that the news is on the NBA series or is it just a basketball announcement? The dream announcement would be that Mike Wang returns to 2k to work on CHoops 2K11. Didn't EA confirm that they weren't making NCAA Basketball next year? Now THAT would be huge news!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
RIP to Mike and Marcus.

Your teams helped put the Live series back into contention, even if you don't have the sales to show it.

Best of luck to whoever is stepping in to keep the series moving forward.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #51
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
RIP to Mike and Marcus.

Your teams helped put the Live series back into contention, even if you don't have the sales to show it.

Best of luck to whoever is stepping in to keep the series moving forward.
They arent dead, whats with the RIP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #52
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
''

Is it confirmed that the news is on the NBA series or is it just a basketball announcement? The dream announcement would be that Mike Wang returns to 2k to work on CHoops 2K11. Didn't EA confirm that they weren't making NCAA Basketball next year? Now THAT would be huge news!
Just a random musing. My dream scenario would be that EA goes with total ESPN integration, meaning both ESPN telecasts and ESPN on ABC. And then 2k announces they have total TNT and NBATV integration. Then I'd buy both games and play them on the days/nights that the respective networks have that coverage. That's one thing I love about PC gaming, modding can give you all kinds of overlays that really add to the atmosphere and bring the virtual world closer to reality. But it doesn't help with commentary. That you have to have real licenses for. It just ticks me off how the NCAA team had such a great idea in presentation that got lost in such a broken game....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #53
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13

As much as I hate to admit it, I think I'm hearing a very faint death knell beginning for NBA Live... It's sad to imagine Live not being around anymore. Especially after the strides that were made this year. Live was on the path back to respectability... I wonder what happens to the series from this point on.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #54
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Hello my friends, It's nice to see all of you.

One thing I can say, and this thread has proved it, is that you guys are THE most passionate group of community members I've ever seen. When I see this kind of passion, I can't help but feel good about the future of this business.

We laid the groundwork last year on what true community engagement for the benefit of the product was, and I thank you guys for that.

With that said, please settle down guys, poor blackflash (horrible name homie) is not doing lip service at all, he's speaking from his heart -- recognize this please.

That's not to say that I don't feel where you guys are coming from -- really, I do. Everyone here knows what Mike brings to the table so I'm not going to spend my time pumping him up (I'm sure he'd like that -- you know I'm kidding man ).

There's absolutely no reason to jump to conclusions, or think of crazy scenarios that may have taken place -- you don't know, so why make yourselves crazy? In this business, people make decisions. Chalk this one up to that my friends.

It's not fair to Mike, or the people working on NBA LIVE that you all know and love (iminurbase, santos, etc.) to speculate their present, future or even past situations. I consider alot of you guys on this board my friends. I've spoken to alot of you guys offline, and trust me, I've missed talking with all of you.

We made that commitment over a year ago to give you all of us, and we asked nothing in return. What I'm about to ask from you now is going back on that. Please, if you can, try not to speculate about things. I KNOW how this news is to you guys, I get it. Let everything come out in the wash and make informed, confident decisions for YOU guys and noone else.

I hope you guys are doing well, CV -- you're an animal

BS -- you're a homer (j/k)
23 -- keep the peace my man

I wish I could name you all, but that'd take too long!

I REALLY shouldn't be posting this...

Take care,
Marcus

P.S. -- and please don't say "RIP Marcus," it kind of freaked me out when I read that.

Last edited by stephensonmc; 02-01-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #55
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
i'm not a live fan at all but this only bad for 2k fans if live starts going down hill. live stepping it's game up only makes 2k respond and raise their own bar. competition is key to making both games better. but yeah, maybe 2k's big news for tomorrow is that wang is coming back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #56
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I REALLY shouldn't be posting this...

Take care,
Marcus
Marcus,
Just out of curiousity.. and for CV's sake. Why is it that you guys can show up for this thread, but have NO presence in the FReezing thread for NCAA 10 Basketball? I mean there is so much frustration with that game... and yet the only statement from EA's part is that "There will be no patch", and thats months ago. There was no follow up whatsoever on EA's part to address the many concerns that people that own that game have problems with.
I dont know the specifics given for what you guys are allowed to comment on, but man.. the game dropped, and any EA presense was no where to be found. I just found it odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »