Home

NBA Live 15 Ships on October 7th For Xbox One & PS4 - Open Letter from Sean O達rien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Ships on October 7th For Xbox One & PS4 - Open Letter from Sean O達rien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #57
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA Live 15 Ships on October 7th For Xbox One & PS4 - Open Letter from Sean O達ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Tecmo NBA Basketball was also great on the NES and SNES. It had the NBA/NBAPA licenses, plus a full season mode with detailed stat tracking.
Meh. All I rmember about that game is Charles Shackleford pretty much being Shaq the remix when it came to season stats. Hed average like 17 rebounds a game no matter what you did, but you use the sixers and his *** was nonexistant. Always made me go wtf.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Ships on October 7th For Xbox One & PS4 - Open Letter from Sean O達ri

In my opinion, I'd love to see the online modes in the other EA sports games make an appearance in NBA Live. I'd love to see an online franchise mode, as well as an online my player mode.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll say, I'm most definitely interested to see what Live brings to the table this year, which is more than I've generally been able to say at any other point over the last 11 years or so. I still have an "under construction" feeling from them so I fear the game will still be rough in many areas, just based on how much work last year's game seemed to need.

That said, my recent dissatisfaction with my formerly reliable basketball product has me pulling for EA to get it all the way together and produce a very viable alternative. Here's hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Tecmo NBA Basketball was also great on the NES and SNES. It had the NBA/NBAPA licenses, plus a full season mode with detailed stat tracking.
Yup. Underrated. Second basketball game I ever owned (after Magic Johnson's Fast Break). Tecmo taught me about backcourt violations, Rod Strickland, and how much easier it is to shoot three pointers from the top of the key versus anywhere else. Good times.

I also remember watching Tecmo's cutscenes and thinking, "What if all the game looked like that?" Then I'd immediately dismiss that thought as being entirely too unrealistic.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-08-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yes, the cut-scenes added so much fun factor to that game. I loved all the different dunk scenes, as well as the ones that would trigger when you timed a three-point shot perfectly. THREE!

The set plays you could run were also pretty decent, for an early-1990s basketball game.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 15

hoping they deliver cause as far as sports games go, 2013 was pretty stale. heres to 2014 being better.

I also know dramatic change cant happen overnight, so yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #62
Rookie

PlatanoGames Network's Arena

I always thought Live will sell HUGE if they featured NBA JAM and NBA Street as separate game modes within the menus! Complete with their own GM mode, soundtrack, Rising Star, Ultimate Team, Challenges, unlockables, ETC. Its common for different studios to develop the multiplayer aspect of some games or only the campaign. Why not have EA Big develop those modes. Imagine an exciting trailer for NBA Street Vol 4, and exciting trailer for NBA Jam: Boomshakala Edition, and then finding out they are ALL packaged within NBA Live 15, Someone could purchase the game only for those modes and be fulfilled!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

If they take Jalen Rose out the game; I will buy.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:54 AM   #64
Banned

I don't trust this company anymore! I never cared for the NBA live series! NBA 2k set the mark and made it the gold standard years ago! All EA sports does to all of there games,is putting all the bells and whistles,and every year we get a crap game,which then is followed with there inevitable excuses! The can't make a true sports simulation! They never have and never will! If they haven't got it yet,they never will! They need to sit down and look at the NBA 2k and MLB the shows of the world! Those two games get it right! EA sports could really learn something from those games! I think I can speak for everybody,but stop with the bells and whistles and give people a true sports simulation! Ill take that any day of the weak!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »