Home

Is there something wrong with shooting?

This is a discussion on Is there something wrong with shooting? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Is there something wrong with shooting?

I can't shoot the ball in this game. I'm playing it again for the first time in a few months and I don't remember it being like this. I can't hit anything but layup so. Nothing from mid range goes in and definitely nothing from 3.

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just that bad at the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 03:48 AM   #2
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there something wrong with shooting?

i played my first game online in 3 months ad i twas a laggy mess. but when i found out the lag timing, i was mying my shots.

the midrange never existed to begin with lol but the 3PT game is hit or miss now.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:59 AM   #3
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

You have to be wide open hit a shot ...(gotta cheese some pnrs cause your chances of hitting a shot while anyone is in your vicinity is slim to none) or settle for layups

Its not you ...its the last patch they made that has made it unplayable
Old 06-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
You have to be wide open hit a shot ...(gotta cheese some pnrs cause your chances of hitting a shot while anyone is in your vicinity is slim to none) or settle for layups

Its not you ...its the last patch they made that has made it unplayable
I really hope this is fixed for 16 because its unplayable for me like this.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #5
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
i played my first game online in 3 months ad i twas a laggy mess. but when i found out the lag timing, i was mying my shots.

the midrange never existed to begin with lol but the 3PT game is hit or miss now.
Practice mode is your friend and the midrange exist. Just like IRL only a few nba players are good at them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 AM   #6
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

shooting is easy to me, on and off line

you just have to take good shots

even been hitting a few contested shots
Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
Rookie

MielVB's Arena

OVR: 1

Came here to post the exact same thread lol

I picked this game up on release and although it wasn't perfect, I thought shooting was somewhat ok (apart from buckets being either swishes or total bricks, nothing in between)

I started a dynasty for fun & giggles again yesterday and I can't make anything... I think I was 3 for 24 on three balls or something...

For instance, I had Caron Butler coming off a screen and he was ready to catch the ball at the three point line while his man was still getting crushed from running into Drummond. There's no way this shot should say 'contested' when I'm already letting it fly and his opponent is still running towards me and jumping for his life to catch up to me. C'mon EA...

I honestly think I would play this more during the summer if it played more like the game we saw on release (flaws and all). Now it's just a brickfest, while I'm still doing the right thing basketball wise...

Any tips?

I mean, of course a contested shot should be harder to go down, but NBA players DO make them. The code shouldn't be "either you're completely open or the lid is completely sealed", that's just BS...
Old 06-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MielVB
Came here to post the exact same thread lol

I picked this game up on release and although it wasn't perfect, I thought shooting was somewhat ok (apart from buckets being either swishes or total bricks, nothing in between)

I started a dynasty for fun & giggles again yesterday and I can't make anything... I think I was 3 for 24 on three balls or something...

For instance, I had Caron Butler coming off a screen and he was ready to catch the ball at the three point line while his man was still getting crushed from running into Drummond. There's no way this shot should say 'contested' when I'm already letting it fly and his opponent is still running towards me and jumping for his life to catch up to me. C'mon EA...

I honestly think I would play this more during the summer if it played more like the game we saw on release (flaws and all). Now it's just a brickfest, while I'm still doing the right thing basketball wise...

Any tips?

I mean, of course a contested shot should be harder to go down, but NBA players DO make them. The code shouldn't be "either you're completely open or the lid is completely sealed", that's just BS...
Yeah, this is basically the same exact thing that's happening to me. I want to like this game. In fact I really do like it, but I just can't shoot and its making me want to stop playing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »