Home

State of this game 1 month later?

This is a discussion on State of this game 1 month later? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2015, 04:57 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: State of this game 1 month later?

Having bought 14 and 15, I am an idiot for having bought 16...but, well, people make bigger mistakes in life than this, so that is just the way it goes.

Personally, I am surprised...make that very surprised...that 16 post release has been exactly as apathetic as 15. I honestly thought 16 would be 'different'.

The amount of bugs still in the game from 15 is staggering...and the lack of any communication is offensive in the modern context where 2K devs and devs of The Witcher 3 etc (i.e. huge selling games) take the time to communicate.........

Yet these guys on LIVE cannot even get basic patch notes out on time.

I honestly think that the DEVS are ashamed of the product and do not want to be associated with it. That is the only logical explanation for the complete apathy they display re communicating.

Lets be realistic, in terms of EA Sports, this game is rock bottom / the black sheep of the whole company. Maybe post release they all just scramble to get onto other projects.

Whatever is going on, someone needs to be fired / a new team is needed as it has been three releases now where they have basically not marketed the game / released it timidly / sat back and done nothing about bugs and issues. Three years in a row...three years. Simply not good enough from a major company for a full priced game.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:16 AM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Having bought 14 and 15, I am an idiot for having bought 16...but, well, people make bigger mistakes in life than this, so that is just the way it goes.

Personally, I am surprised...make that very surprised...that 16 post release has been exactly as apathetic as 15. I honestly thought 16 would be 'different'.

The amount of bugs still in the game from 15 is staggering...and the lack of any communication is offensive in the modern context where 2K devs and devs of The Witcher 3 etc (i.e. huge selling games) take the time to communicate.........

I honestly think that the DEVS are ashamed of the product and do not want to be associated with it. That is the only logical explanation for the complete apathy they display re communicating.

Lets be realistic, in terms of EA Sports, this game is rock bottom / the black sheep of the whole company. Maybe post release they all just scramble to get onto other projects.

Whatever is going on, someone needs to be fired / a new team is needed as it has been three releases now where they have basically not marketed the game / released it timidly / sat back and done nothing about bugs and issues. Three years in a row...three years. Simply not good enough from a major company for a full priced game.
Bravo!!

The thing for me personally is that I know that they are building. I accept that. And I'm still willing to support their product. However, I am not going to buy just anything. I want to see and hear the devs (not gamechangers) saying we hear you guys and we're gonna fix these issues. Or, we'll take care of it next year. In short, we haven't abandoned you or the product and we won't stop (even if it takes years) until we deliver. Then follow up. I'd be all in. But as it stands it's like, why bother. How do you ever expect to grow the brand if you aren't listening to people? They could release baskeball nirvana next year and it would probably sell as bad as Live 16.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #11
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

This guys pretty much sums up Live 14 and beyond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Z6...el=HipHopGamer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
This guys pretty much sums up Live 14 and beyond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Z6...el=HipHopGamer
He is the same guy who said LIVE 14 would be the greatest basketball game ever...he gets all the first 'exclusive' interviews with the EA Devs and attends the 'closed' early sessions...he hypes the game every year.

Amazing how these youtubers have been paid by EA to hype this game...and then jump ship as soon as they can.

I realise that video is old...but HipHop Gamers was hyping Live 16 massively again this year.

Now hates the game.

Last edited by Walt Frazier; 11-01-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
He is the same guy who said LIVE 14 would be the greatest basketball game ever...he gets all the first 'exclusive' interviews with the EA Devs and attends the 'closed' early sessions...he hypes the game every year.

Amazing how these youtubers have been paid by EA to hype this game...and then jump ship as soon as they can.

I realise that video is old...but HipHop Gamers was hyping Live 16 massively again this year.

Now hates the game.
TOTALLY agree, EA uses him and other youtube characters to sway you to buy, these guys get a free game and act like they won the lottery or something, it's odd to say the least. That $59 can have such an affect on someone, crazy. Buy you for less than $100 dollars, wow.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #14
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I don't think any game that EA has released this year that has a rival game was successful, if it was not for all the exclusive lisences the bought for Fifa, PES which is the better reviewed game would be doing the same thing as 2K in sales, my only concerning is will EA continue to support the game this year with roster updates, and patches.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #15
Banned

matthewreck's Arena

hey but we got jalen rose phone call updates ....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #16
Rookie

What exactly was everyone wanting? For me just standard roster updates and a few patches and tuning.
Why everyone wants their hand held and talked to via social media is ridiculous these days. There was a demo, you got to play it for free. You knew what the game consisted of, limitations and so forth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »