Home

NBA Live 18's Gameplay is Fun, But There Are Some Key Misses

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18's Gameplay is Fun, But There Are Some Key Misses within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2017, 02:38 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 18's Gameplay is Fun, But There Are Some Key Misses

In my opinion the devs must add an option "mode" apart from difficulty.It should be in 19 but I think it would be essential if they add it with a next patch & I am sure it will turn this already nice game to great. Mode should be like "Sim" , "normal" & this change should affect ONLY the sliders of the game & not the difficulty of how the cpu plays. On Sim mode there must be completely different ratings in specific sliders such as fouls , contested shots , dunks- lay ups sucess, collisions things like that. I think it is easy for the devs to add this & it will definitely up this game
Old 10-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 17

The game needs head 2 head vs friends!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Great write up. I'm on the fence with this, NBA 2k18 or NBA 2k18 for the Switch.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #20
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

Game doesn’t feel like it did in the demo anymore, lot of weird stuff happens. It always feels like the more tweaks EA makes the more broken the game gets.

I never used sliders in the past but I’ve tried them this year to try to make franchise playable but it just seems to mess other things up, lowering layups and stuff so the cpu doesn’t make every contested layup just results in wide open layups or ones that should be made being bricked. Or guys who are only average shooters having no green release at all and not making open shots that are perfect releases.

Haven’t been able to find a balance.

Playing online is almost pointless since there’s no way to play against people you know, people online just seem to play the worst possible basketball, never calling any plays and just abusing the paint. While I can still manage to beat some of these fools it just doesn’t make for a fun time doing it.

I’m finding myself playing more of the other game and this one less and less. I’ll keep watching for them to patch in online matchmaking or invites but it looks like at this point this is all we’re getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 12

The fun factor is still there for me. The game is not a total SIM and that's perfectly fine with me. It gives a nice change of pace to years of having very little fun with 2k even with the plethora of options and modes.

Live doesn't have a ton of depth, even in The One which is really fun, especially getting online with friends. I maxed out my player a week after release and the only thing with some longevity is how fun it is to grind for crates and the take downs/Live Run with friends.

I haven't even touched Franchise after reading about its lack of features. There are things that drive me crazy like court spacing issues and how they decide when a shot is contested by the CPU. Some repetitive animations and seriously sub standard commentary.

What's crazy is that despite all these little (and some big) issues, the game is just flat out fun. The demo surprised the heck out of me and was shockingly addictive. and I feel pretty much the same about the full game after a month with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »