Home

Can someone explain what exactly Synergy is doing for Live?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain what exactly Synergy is doing for Live? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Can someone explain what exactly Synergy is doing for Live?

The premise sounds and always has sounded fantastic and should have made Live the industry standard as far as reflecting player tendencies on the court....

The execution has just never gotten there though...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #18
Rookie

Makeufamous NDZ's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Live 10 had both, and I edited players myself to have the game play the way I wanted to. We need that level of control back. Personally, I think the reason why there's no cap is that they put those elements in The One mode, and it gives us a reason to buy the game every year, instead of hanging onto an old game, and updating the rosters ourselves.

That's one of the reasons why I don't buy madden every year, that and it's other issues lol.

I 100% agree, I also owned NBA Live 10 and yes Synergy and Player Editing was in that game. So it is very hard for me to understand why would EA not include that feature in Live 18. Personally if I had a choice... I'd say dump Synergy and give us back the freedom to edit. You would think it would be a no-brainer to allow the user to edit players and rosters. And for a lot of people it is a deal breaker. I mean to my knowledge 2K doesn't have a system like Synergy and that game has been vastly successful so I don't really see the value in holding on to it.

I bought this game day one and after a month in, my interest in this game is already starting to fade. Don't get me wrong I love what Live 18 has brought to the table, but the reality is to me it seems like an incomplete game.

There has also been a lot of rumors circulating online about them patching in player editing but I seriously doubt that... I mean I really would love if they did, but it's unlikely we get that feature this year.

My honest opinion is that's one of the reasons for the big price cut when you pre-ordered Live. And why we continue to see huge deals on the game like the Best Buy offer this early after release. To me the replay value of this game will be extremely low in the near future, especially if you have to depend solely on EA to adjust rosters. So basically after this season the game becomes useless... The game is definitely not worth $60...

NBA 2K20 • MADDEN 20 • GOLF CLUB 2 • UFC 3 • FIFA 20 • FORZA • FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPIONS

Last edited by Makeufamous NDZ; 10-18-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen a synergy logo or term used when stats update in 18.

If synergy is on and working like how it did in 10 then live 10(online down unfortunately) 14-16 would have current updated rosters. They don't want that.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer
Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen a synergy logo or term used when stats update in 18.

If synergy is on and working like how it did in 10 then live 10(online down unfortunately) 14-16 would have current updated rosters. They don't want that.
All they have to do is remove the roster update links from one server and put the new server links to match nba live 18's link name. So you could still get tendency updates for the old games for the players that are still there. But no new players creating new rosters.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeufamous NDZ
I 100% agree, I also owned NBA Live 10 and yes Synergy and Player Editing was in that game. So it is very hard for me to understand why would EA not include that feature in Live 18. Personally if I had a choice... I'd say dump Synergy and give us back the freedom to edit. You would think it would be a no-brainer to allow the user to edit players and rosters. And for a lot of people it is a deal breaker. I mean to my knowledge 2K doesn't have a system like Synergy and that game has been vastly successful so I don't really see the value in holding on to it.

I bought this game day one and after a month in, my interest in this game is already starting to fade. Don't get me wrong I love what Live 18 has brought to the table, but the reality is to me it seems like an incomplete game.

There has also been a lot of rumors circulating online about them patching in player editing but I seriously doubt that... I mean I really would love if they did, but it's unlikely we get that feature this year.

My honest opinion is that's one of the reasons for the big price cut when you pre-ordered Live. And why we continue to see huge deals on the game like the Best Buy offer this early after release. To me the replay value of this game will be extremely low in the near future, especially if you have to depend solely on EA to adjust rosters. So basically after this season the game becomes useless... The game is definitely not worth $60...
here's the thing. lets say for fun that the synergy stuff is perfectly linked to nba live 18 like its supposed to be and lets say for fun, all players and teams play like their respective real life counterparts.

Why would you need to update the roster if the above is true? You wouldnt. Not if you want to play a realistic game of nba basketball. now if you want to play your version of the real thing. Then sure you want to do edits. But the editing was originally only there and useful because these game devs were not depicting certain guys properly. They gave too much love to some guys and not enough love to others. now if the above is true about synergy. there is no love or hate. its just numbers. this is what the numbers are showing us. this is how player A or B plays. There is no wiggle room in that. If Kyrie goes left and pulls up for a jumper 80% of the time for a make. Then if you go hard left and pull up from the same spots and lets say you have the shot settings set to Player ratings. Well you will end up hitting approx 80% of those shots assuming all other things are the same in those scenarios as were in the real life games that synergy recorded and analysed. Thats called Realistic basketball.

The moment you try to touch that and edit that. Then you're saying you dont like realism. You want him to play like you want him to play realistic or not.
Remember if synergy works correctly. EA isnt creating players based on what they think they should be. they are doing it based on the real life scouting reports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 07:16 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The premise sounds and always has sounded fantastic and should have made Live the industry standard as far as reflecting player tendencies on the court....

The execution has just never gotten there though...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
As I have always said a computer can never replicate real life NBA perfectly if the coding isn't perfect. And NOTHING is ever perfect and that is why their is need fo the human element of editing. If not for editing the other game would be useless to me as well.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
As I have always said a computer can never replicate real life NBA perfectly if the coding isn't perfect. And NOTHING is ever perfect and that is why their is need fo the human element of editing. If not for editing the other game would be useless to me as well.
but you guys are still missing the point. They pay tons of money to setup stuff like this and yes they still have people on a team that deals with the synergy data then translates it to nba live. Do they need to fix some stuff to make it work better? Of course they do. But that doesnt mean give up and give all the control back to the user: who has not spent who knows how much time and money on things like this. anyone editing rosters are 9 times out of 10 going with the eye test and very rarely do you see these guys using a ton of data to create these players or edit them. Sure some may use box scores or fg%'s. but thats it. I have not heard of her met a single live or 2k roster editer that was pulling scouting data. You actually can't do that without having an account for one of these scouting websites. and most if not all of them are paid accounts.

So this makes for another problem.what you think you see, may not be the case in reality. especially once I pull those numbers from the scouting reports.

the other issue is, even if everything was perfectly programmed. Most people would not realize it because they would not notice that when lebron goes left he keeps pulling up for a mid range jumper like he was doing for the past 10 games in real life. and when he goes right. he goes all the way to the rack. You would only notice it, if you check the tendencies and the stats. if this thing actually works as advertised you would never notice the little things like that unless you have a keen eye for stuff like that. most people do not. so they would swear it isnt working when in reality it is.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
but you guys are still missing the point. They pay tons of money to setup stuff like this and yes they still have people on a team that deals with the synergy data then translates it to nba live. Do they need to fix some stuff to make it work better? Of course they do. But that doesnt mean give up and give all the control back to the user: who has not spent who knows how much time and money on things like this. anyone editing rosters are 9 times out of 10 going with the eye test and very rarely do you see these guys using a ton of data to create these players or edit them. Sure some may use box scores or fg%'s. but thats it. I have not heard of her met a single live or 2k roster editer that was pulling scouting data. You actually can't do that without having an account for one of these scouting websites. and most if not all of them are paid accounts.

So this makes for another problem.what you think you see, may not be the case in reality. especially once I pull those numbers from the scouting reports.

the other issue is, even if everything was perfectly programmed. Most people would not realize it because they would not notice that when lebron goes left he keeps pulling up for a mid range jumper like he was doing for the past 10 games in real life. and when he goes right. he goes all the way to the rack. You would only notice it, if you check the tendencies and the stats. if this thing actually works as advertised you would never notice the little things like that unless you have a keen eye for stuff like that. most people do not. so they would swear it isnt working when in reality it is.

I have to laugh because it is obvious, You must not know many of the hard core editors. We watch film, and yes you can get data Without having to pay for it. It is pretty simple, keep Synergy and don't allow editing and watch sales keep declining. If you can't make a simple player transaction the game is a Play Now game with no long term replay value outside of the Street ball modes.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »