Home

Please, please make the franchise playable...

This is a discussion on Please, please make the franchise playable... within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 01:26 AM   #9
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Please, please make the franchise playable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
The silence about franchise this late into the year is pretty telling, sadly. It's a shame because Live gameplay is so awesome, but I only play franchise.
Game comes out Sept 7. Today is July 23.

I'm not saying they have much of anything to talk about (clearly I don't know), but there's still plenty of time to do it.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #10
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Even though I canceled my pre order, I'm still hopeful that the mid July news will come this week, as they did say franchise news would come sometime mid/end of July. I actually dont doubt the game play of live, but I'm a franchise guy and what's keeping me from re pre ordering is the lack of franchise news, the ability to share rosters

. In today's games that really essential. Games like mine craft, the sims etc have sharing options not to mention your actual sport titles, and to be fair live really has no excuse for that not to be, since it was heard I think at a e3 event that they all could share and tie in there work to one another.

I'm sure where all trying to remain positive about the news from them, I feel like though this is going to tell the difference where the company's intentions are though, they have asked us to be patient since live 15 and I think we have been for the most part and even supported them not only in the community but also purchasing the previously titles, but I really cant blindly pre order with out knowing what I'm buying.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 07-23-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #11
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree, which is why I've been a huge proponent of franchise, and it's development. We've suffered long enough as a SIM community, for the basics not to be there, and for there not to be some engaging material by this point. This is a 2019 title. Franchise needs to be there, and fleshed out. If it's not, then I'm not sure man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #12
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I agree, which is why I've been a huge proponent of franchise, and it's development. We've suffered long enough as a SIM community, for the basics not to be there, and for there not to be some engaging material by this point. This is a 2019 title. Franchise needs to be there, and fleshed out. If it's not, then I'm not sure man.
Agreed. At minimum we should have something on par with NBA Live 10.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 07-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It is basically going to be NBA LIVE PLAYGROUNDS/STREETS..... All they keep posting on Twitter is new venues to play at. If they had improved Franchise to the level most hope for they wouldn't be able to contain the excitement. We would see a Tweet with at least a vague"Franchise information coming soon, be prepared to be blown away."

We all know in this day and age of Social Media you don't stay Silent when you have a "Game Changing" advancement, especially after last year's flop in Franchise & Sales.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
It is basically going to be NBA LIVE PLAYGROUNDS/STREETS..... All they keep posting on Twitter is new venues to play at. If they had improved Franchise to the level most hope for they wouldn't be able to contain the excitement. We would see a Tweet with at least a vague"Franchise information coming soon, be prepared to be blown away."

We all know in this day and age of Social Media you don't stay Silent when you have a "Game Changing" advancement, especially after last year's flop in Franchise & Sales.
Well stated. I remember WTF saying that the EA team would share some information about Franchise mode before the end of July. We have 7 days remaining... I am 100% sure that I will not spend $20-$50+ on the game this year without some assurance that depth has been added to the mode (and I'm talking basic franchise mode features). If no upgrade and/or fixes for the mode have been added, then I'm at a loss for why that would be. If it's a cost factor... having a team code A.I. trade logic, or not having time to test changes to the code if upgrades were made, then just let us know.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #15
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, that's what I had heard. We don't have much time for July remaining. I'm truly hopeful it's still coming fellas. I can't say whether it is or not. I'm to the point where I'm not sure what to think.

This game, in order to be successful with the masses, needs more fleshed out modes than just The One. I echo your sentiments. If that's the title they want to make, then just make a street title. Leave me with the expectations that I'm buying a street title, for the street aspects. I'd still buy it and support them, as I love basketball... but I don't want to buy an NBA game, and not have the fleshed out NBA experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, that's what I had heard. We don't have much time for July remaining. I'm truly hopeful it's still coming fellas. I can't say whether it is or not. I'm to the point where I'm not sure what to think.

This game, in order to be successful with the masses, needs more fleshed out modes than just The One. I echo your sentiments. If that's the title they want to make, then just make a street title. Leave me with the expectations that I'm buying a street title, for the street aspects. I'd still buy it and support them, as I love basketball... but I don't want to buy an NBA game, and not have the fleshed out NBA experience.
WTF - EA is a bilion-dollar company. Don't buy the game just to show support. If they reach their sales goals (albeit super low goals compared to NBA 2K) then EA will not listen to "all" the community. Peaceful protest.

This whole conversation is moot if the EA team did just one thing - say whether they have touched Franchise Mode to improve it, and that there are A.I team to team trades at the very least. Then, I can stop holding my breath, get on with my day, prepare to invest in NBA 2K 19.

Also, once I know that franchise mode is untouched, I can earnestly decide on whether to take interest in what NBA Live 19 is, all about THE ONE.

Last edited by dynastymgrguy; 07-23-2018 at 05:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »