Home

NBA Live 19 Patch 1.25 Available, Includes Some Gameplay Updates & Plenty of WNBA Updates

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Patch 1.25 Available, Includes Some Gameplay Updates & Plenty of WNBA Updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 19 Patch 1.25 Available, Includes Some Gameplay Updates & Plenty of WNBA

Oo sorry dudes for spamming you with online stuff then. I'll stop.

I'm all set on ever getting on reddit, tho.

-Smak
Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 PM   #10
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 19 Patch 1.25 Available, Includes Some Gameplay Updates & Plenty of WNBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Oo sorry dudes for spamming you with online stuff then. I'll stop.

I'm all set on ever getting on reddit, tho.

-Smak
Hahahaha that’s what you got from that?

The reason why reddit is active with all the online players is because the developers have chosen that platform to be active on.

I for one, still like reading your impressions.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

I’m almost strictly offline nba live player and know if I want actual information on the game without 2k bias etc reddit is where to go.
Just like I know if I want information on 2k operation sports is where to go as most people know 2k devs particularly in the art side of the game are non existent and what little information does come is on here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I look at it this way. Operation Sports is where offline, franchise people hang out. Reddit is where online players hang out. That right there sums up live in my books and why there is no activity for Live on here. The game is completely geared towards online play. Which makes sense because it’s actually quite fun.

Offline franchise is terrible though. You guys probably remember me loving this game after release and it truly was a real surprise hit for me. They managed to patch every bit of fun out of it. The steals are out of control. Nobody gets open and the cpu has no semblance of a three game.

I tried a couple franchise games after this latest patch and everything is just so frustrating. I so loved this game out of the box and now this is truly one of my biggest disappointments in gaming this year.

I completely understand the focus on online and with the 2k juggernaut, it’s probably a smart move as that’s where 2k struggles the most, but it doesn’t mean I can’t be disappointed.
Until Live let's us Edit the Player Tendencies it will stay as an Online Only option. The Tendencies are what makes a game. I know they ( Live Roster team) isn't editing them as they can barely keep up Transactions and Rotations are a mess.

I gave up on Live 19 months ago.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 06-06-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #13
Banned

The thing of it is, lives career mode is infinitely better than any career mode 2k has made in the last 10 years.
However, shooting in live is absolutely broken, because shot contesting in live is overpowered.

Yep the developers would stop listening to crybabies that refuse to learn how to play actual defense, and nerf the over powered BS shot contest mechanics, the game would be infinitely better.

I know I for one, am getting fed up with getting contested from 5 feet away or getting my shots contested even tho the defender is way way late to get to me and I was already in the air it with the ball released before the defender ever got his hand up.

It is pathetic at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-07-2019, 08:15 AM   #14
Banned

The thing of it is, lives career mode is infinitely better than any career mode 2k has made in the last 10 years.
However, shooting in live is absolutely broken, because shot contesting in live is overpowered.

If the developers would stop listening to crybabies that refuse to learn how to play actual defense, and nerf the over powered BS shot contest mechanics, the game would be infinitely better.

I know I for one, am getting fed up with getting contested from 5 feet away or getting my shots contested even tho the defender is way way late to get to me and I was already in the air with the ball released before the defender ever got his hand up.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I look at it this way. Operation Sports is where offline, franchise people hang out. Reddit is where online players hang out. That right there sums up live in my books and why there is no activity for Live on here. The game is completely geared towards online play. Which makes sense because it’s actually quite fun.

Offline franchise is terrible though. You guys probably remember me loving this game after release and it truly was a real surprise hit for me. They managed to patch every bit of fun out of it. The steals are out of control. Nobody gets open and the cpu has no semblance of a three game.

I tried a couple franchise games after this latest patch and everything is just so frustrating. I so loved this game out of the box and now this is truly one of my biggest disappointments in gaming this year.

I completely understand the focus on online and with the 2k juggernaut, it’s probably a smart move as that’s where 2k struggles the most, but it doesn’t mean I can’t be disappointed.
its literally been like 4 or 5 patches that went by since I've updated the game... I like the game so much the way it is that I just turn off xbox live when I'm getting ready to play live 19.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusbrown1998

Yep the developers would stop listening to crybabies that refuse to learn how to play actual defense, and nerf the over powered BS shot contest mechanics, the game would be infinitely better.

I know I for one, am getting fed up with getting contested from 5 feet away or getting my shots contested even tho the defender is way way late to get to me and I was already in the air it with the ball released before the defender ever got his hand up.

People bang contested shots on me all day. If it says contested I think it is gonna drop. They did raise the impact radius for some reason but I don't get impacted or rarely. If you're not a wing shooter or like a 3 icon guy you gotta get some rhythm before taking tough 3s. I hit 3s w pip a lot but I got the late contest trait.

Thing is, the real impact radius should be about halfway between where it was at first and where it is now, and that's only for elite defenders with a hand up at the right time. When the game dropped u had to practically block people to make them miss threes. They have gone alil overboard but only with the past two patches. But I think shooting "good shots" is easier and if it doesn't say guarded u could have made it. Haha. Maybe sometimes u can make a guarded top yellow but I don't recall making them. I've made plenty of top yellows over d tho.

N at matty Yea I mean I've known I've been talking to myself for some time but now it's like really apparent. Haha. O well.

Also disagree w lives career mode being better. Online is better. Offline is fun, but both need to be improved in different ways. Live needs Ai depth and mode depth. 2k needs mode depth like sandbox choices and less grind.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »