Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #449
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Tatum is going to be a really good player in the NBA. I mean All-Star like caliber player too. He can really do it all. He can shoot. He can rebound. He can play defense. He can block shots. He can pass the ball. He will be a 20+ pts., 5-7rbs., & 3-5ast. game player each year once he gets into probably his 2nd season.

The combination of him, Irving, & Jaylen Brown to go along with Horford is a really nice combination of really solid players for us to have. Our role players in Smart, Rozier, Baynes, Morris, Ojeleye, & Theis makes this a very good team. I really didn't think our Celtics were going to be this good of a team. Just think this is being done without Hayward too.

Right now, we're definitely the favorites in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland hasn't figured it out yet & the Wizards aren't doing as good as our Celtics. When we lost our first 2 games I was thinking oh know here we go but ever since we have played like a team.

If everybody stays healthy I would not at all be surprised to see our Celtics come out of the East as the #1 seed. We just have too much talent & we are deep. We can play 11 players legitimately every single game. No other team in the NBA except for Golden State can say that.

I was so upset when we got rid of IT but as of right now it's turning out to be the right trade. IT isn't even playing yet & Kyrie in the trade is absolutely wearing it out. He keeps playing like he is & has then he will certainly be an MVP candidate. GO CELTICS!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #450
Banned

OVR: 12

They're playing really well but Brown, Tatum and Horford are all shooting the lights out.

It remains to be seen if they can sustain that throughout the season and into the playoffs.

If their shooting reverts towards league averages or even all-star level averages, then they're going to be shooting sub 44/35 for a big chunk of the season.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #451
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
They're playing really well but Brown, Tatum and Horford are all shooting the lights out.

It remains to be seen if they can sustain that throughout the season and into the playoffs.

If their shooting reverts towards league averages or even all-star level averages, then they're going to be shooting sub 44/35 for a big chunk of the season.
Put the solid shooting aside. They are also the best defensive team through 12 games as well. Leading the 2nd closest defensive team by giving up 4+ points less. So, offense can still be off sometimes but the defense will be there.

That's why I say they are better than Cleveland & Washington. They will continue to be as well as long as nobody else gets injured. I see a #1 Eastern Conference seed in the future as long as things stay the way they are now.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #452
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Yeah the defense is legit. maybe not #1 good for a full season but it's really good.

Horford and Tatum's percentages will come down but they are still good shooters so I don't think it will come back to earth drastically. Horford has continued his play he showed in the playoffs. Brown is the one that will probably regress but he's improving on that end so who knows.

who the favorites are right now is really irrelevant it's a long season lol.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #453
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Yeah the defense is legit. maybe not #1 good for a full season but it's really good.

Horford and Tatum's percentages will come down but they are still good shooters so I don't think it will come back to earth drastically. Horford has continued his play he showed in the playoffs. Brown is the one that will probably regress but he's improving on that end so who knows.

who the favorites are right now is really irrelevant it's a long season lol.
Yes, right now the favorites are irrelevant. However, people like Billups, Jalen Rose, & a few others are even saying early on that the Celtics are the favorites in the Eastern Conference.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 11-10-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #454
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Thought we had singed Theis to a 1-year deal over the offseason. Last night Scal and Mike mentioned in passing he is signed for two more years for peanuts. Checked for myself out of curiosity, and sure enough he becomes a RFA in 2019-20.

2017-18 $815,615
2018-19 $1,378,242
2019-20 $1,818,520 (RFA)

What a steal.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #455
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Thought we had singed Theis to a 1-year deal over the offseason. Last night Scal and Mike mentioned in passing he is signed for two more years for peanuts. Checked for myself out of curiosity, and sure enough he becomes a RFA in 2019-20.

2017-18 $815,615
2018-19 $1,378,242
2019-20 $1,818,520 (RFA)

What a steal.
I agree with you that he's a steal. He's really better than Baynes but since Baynes has the NBA experience he gets the start ahead of Theis. Theis is just a guy that goes about his business doing what he is supposed to do. He's a decent rebounder.

He's a decent defender. What has surprised me though is that he can shoot the mid range & the 3 pointer. He has gotten more minutes over Baynes since just before the All-Star break & that's the way it should be because he really provides more than Baynes. No doubt he's a key contributor for this team & we need him for a title run.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #456
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

https://mobile.twitter.com/gordonhay...28799422926849

Hmm

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »