Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

Just played 1 quarter, my thoughts, somewhat suprisingly impressed!!! Really thought it was going to be crap, I was definitely wrong, might be a keeper, looks different than 05 really fast movement though by the players, can someone say SLIDERS!! Will try it again right now, will get back in about half hour or so and give more info
Old 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

all i care about is the accuracy of rosters out of the box, and the ability to edit those names?

if anyone can confirm that, it'd be great
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Not too many observations on this game yet. I'll check back later and see if it's worth a purchase. On a side note are there any reviews up for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

I picked up the game this morning, and will engage shortly. I will post some impressions after that tonight.

I noticed in the manual a new move that was added --- the dribble handoff. If you hold in the pass button and dribble toward another player ("the receiver") on your team, the ball handler will hand the ball to that player/"receiver." Sounds like a nice addition.

The Maui Invitational is the only pre-season tourney still.

Some of the positive impressions so far have me hopeful. I think the defensive floor general and the lockdown might actually benefit last year's offensive floor general system, and make this year's game a good one.

More later.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Just downl I mean bought the game today, the game rocks man
Old 10-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #38
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

If you like graphics do not I repeat do not get this game. The graphics on this game are some of the worst I have seen in a game on the xbox. The net, the rim, the crowd, you name it. If it is about graphics it sucks. I am not a graphic whore by any means, but it looks so bad I might return it.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Just played my 2nd game andhere is what I think so far. Movement on default level is real fast again I'm sure sliders will fix it. New animations are real nice,more realistic feel to it, some of the hard fouls are really neat to watch, you will see the players from the 2 teams argue at times after the hard foul face 2 face pretty sweet. ball movement is real nice teams actually running plays

All in all I really like the game. I see myself really playing this a while. I have the sane feeling about this game as I did with Live 06 Sliders in my opinion can make this game a GEM Can someone say PLAYMAKER!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOU, it is your duty to make this game what it was meant to be

Hope this helps with those who are undecided

Oh I should mention that Rosters do not seem very accurate at all Edits will definitely be needed
Old 10-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I might rent this game first. I have to go play in a league basketball game tonight but I might stop by somewhere and rent it afterwards and see if it's worth the money.

360 Live is right around the corner so I have to be real cheap with games now with the new system rolling stuff out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »