Home

Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Marshall Fans

after blocko released the ps3 named rosters, i went through and fixed marshall's roster. i am going to be using multiple teams for dynasty and marshall will be one of them. so for any marshall fans out there, if you check out this word file, how do you think ratings need to be adjusted?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Marshall University 2009 Roster for OS.doc (47.0 KB, 30 views)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Marshall Fans

man, when it comes to rating specifics, i am NOT the man. The most intriguing issue that arose in my mind was Darius Marshall's speed. After watching him from the stands the last 2 years, I feel like he should be atleast 91 speed. I think I have him at 92. As for the QBs, from what I'm hearing, It's either gona be Cann or Anderson w/ Laudenslayer coming close, also. We have a weaker schedule this year, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing Laudenslayer getting some play time to prepare for next year. For the WRs, MU is expecting main contribution from Tavaris, Bryant, and Courtney and hoping for a couple gems outa the JUCOs we got. I'm pullin for this Wayne Bonner kid. I like his height and speed. And one more thing, I was kinda disappointed with Mcclellan's overall rating. I jus raised some crucial DE stats for him to get to 80. That man is a monster and I expect all-cusa honors from him again. I kno u prolly already know all this junk, but I wanted to input something. Sorry I don't get into specifics. Appreciate all the MARSHALL-input you've been slaying around on these forums.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong25
And one more thing, I was kinda disappointed with Mcclellan's overall rating.

yeah when i first saw his rating i was taken back for a minute...i graduated in 07 from there so i havent followed marshall as closely as i did when i went there but i thought he was their top defensive player..i know he got hurt and had a down year last year but i think he is definitely rated too low. also i thought they rated cann a little too low, i mean he was the starter last year but he is buried in the depth chart this year.

darius marshall is suspended isnt he?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea him and Dequan Bembry. Don't know for how long.kinda puts snyder in a tough position. at this point, we can't lose anyone else. and realistically, any win we get this year will be on the back of darius. and bembry shud be our most talented corner. i love a coach with morals, but wutever!! this is a football town. we want the W. we have SO ILL, then VT. we can prolly win the 1st one without Darius, but we don't have a chance against VT either way. but for the most part of the season, Darius shud be #1, and playing. this is snyder's make/break year. i assume he'll compromise his good moral standing for a couple more wins.

Also, if Anderson is 81(ovr), then Cann shud be no lower than 80, or no higher than 82. and Slayer shud be close behind.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong25
yea him and Dequan Bembry. Don't know for how long.kinda puts snyder in a tough position. at this point, we can't lose anyone else. and realistically, any win we get this year will be on the back of darius. and bembry shud be our most talented corner. i love a coach with morals, but wutever!! this is a football town. we want the W. we have SO ILL, then VT. we can prolly win the 1st one without Darius, but we don't have a chance against VT either way. but for the most part of the season, Darius shud be #1, and playing. this is snyder's make/break year. i assume he'll compromise his good moral standing for a couple more wins.

Also, if Anderson is 81(ovr), then Cann shud be no lower than 80, or no higher than 82. and Slayer shud be close behind.
its sad cause as soon as i got to marshall the football program started going downhill...i was hoping to enjoy the football more but we were just bad...anyway if snyder wants to keep his job, he better be putting marshall in the backfield from week 1. cause if not, its gonna be a long year, and honestly i believe this is a make or break year for snyder.

i agree cann should be somewhere between 79-81, as well as anderson. is press taylor worthy of an 80?

on defense, i think the ratings look fine with exception of mcclellan and harvey..i believe both could be rated a few points higher...what bout brandon burns?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey guys,

(yes, this is my first post. I only signed up because I saw this thread and I'm a Marshall fan).I'm an '04 grad and cover Marshall for a local news station.

I'm on 360, so if you can get my roster my GT is: jkirkm9
I have Marshall right where I like them.

QBs:

Also, QB Laudenslayer should have his catch and running skills put up into the high 70s. He played QB and split end in junior college. Press Taylor should be very accurate but have suspect arm strength. Laudenslayer probably has the most overall potential (he's who I use in my Dynasty). I left Anderson at an 81 overall. He is accurate, but inconsistent. Dunnigan will be lucky to be a four year practice player.

WRs:

I wouldn't make Tavaris Thompson an 88 overall as a WR. He is a great practice player, but has exactly one career catch. I made Bonner the 88 overall. He was a junior college all-american and actually won a local dunk contest this weekend (WSAZ website is on the right side of the sports page). Bonner runs in the low 4.4 range. A couple of key players are missing here. First is True Freshman Aaron Dobson. Dobson is a 6'3", 180 lb. He wore #3 in high school. WR with speed around 92-93, but he is young and his route running should be average. Also missing is true freshman C.J. Crawford. A 6'2", 200 lb. WR played QB at Huntington High School and may get a look at QB in the future, but he has great elusiveness and should have speed around 91. Also, WR Troy Evans (youtube him) is a 5'9" 165 lb. kick returner / WR / RB who was a junior college star at Laney College. I put him around 83 overall with crazy jukes and spin moves. (you could make him an RB if you wanted). Edmonson, Walker and Milligan are pretty acurate.

RBs:
I would do Make Darius Marshall's speed at least a 92.
Also, I would change Antwan Booker to a FB from a RB. Marshall doesn't EVER use a RB, but Booker is a converted linebacker and plays blocking TE on field goal and special teams.
I could do this all day (sorry). Martin Ward is pure speed. Terrell Edwards is a Power back whose speed should be around 87-89. He should be the #2 back overall and a total rating around 84-86. FBs Henry and Tenuta aren't worth having on your roster. You can use them to create Crawford / Dobson or sophomore kicker Tyler Warner (who has better accuracy than Jr. Ratanamorn)

others:

Albert Mclellan should EASILY be in the 90's overall. He runs a 4.55 as a defensive end. He was the C-USA defensive player of the year in '07 and was coming off an injury last year. Elsewhere on defense, Ahmed Shakoor and DeQuan Bembry are your starting corners. Bembry was one of the best freshman in C-USA last year. LB Mario Harvey should have very good hands (led the team in INT). On the defensive line, Delvin Johnson should be the lead DT around 83 overall. Defensive end on the other side of McClellan should be Michael Janac, who I would put at 84.

I know its a long post but I hope it helps, I'm just passionate about the Herd. Let me know if I can help any more.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

welcome jkherd...appreciate the input you got there..good stuff! on the roster i did i was trying to put it together in time so the roster editors could make the changes before they put an updated file out....ive got a ps3 so i cant check your rosters out.

since its so hard to find any info on marshall, which is why i had to use the spring prospectus to redo their rosters, i just did the best i could matching up the players to the game. i was planning on making changes once the season gets closer to beginning and we get a clearer picture of how the team will shape up.

as far as who i have as FBs, i just used a couple of the TE's that i didnt use for the TE position because i had no clue who would be their FB and you cant just leave it blank.

but for sure you have some good info! wouldnt happen to have something saved like i do in word showing the roster with ratings?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1

I would be very glad to help out. I don't have anything saved right now. but I get home from work around midnight and I can send something to you. The screwiest thing with The Herd this year is player #'s. There are so many Juco's and freshman that will be counted on this week. I did the following:

WRs:
#3 Aaron Dobson (Charleston, WV)
#1 CJ Crawford (Huntington, WV)
#11 Wayne Bonner
#4 Troy Evans (his JUCO #, no clue what he'll use at MU)

Also, there are a couple of guys: CB #13 T.J. Drakeford and QB #13 Press Taylor who should have the same number. I changed Drakeford to whatever number in the 20s I had open. I'll definately send something in to you tonight.

I'm in a unique position. I get to be around the program a lot for my job. I would definately put Booker at FB, just to take up the roster space. You have Henry, Tenuta, Beardain and Garner you can use to make other players. When I actually play with the Herd I use Edwards at FB and Marshall and Ward at RB. But playing with MU's default playbook leaves you without an I-Form or FB play set.

I'll help in any way I can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »