Home

Jarodd21's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jarodd21's Heisman Sliders

Oklahoma (CPU) at Stanford (Me)

Passing:
Luck: 11 of 21, 234 yards, 2 TDs/INT
Jones: 14 of 31, 199 yards, TD/2 INT
Way: 1 of 1, 1 yard

Rushing:
Taylor: 28 rushes, 70 yards, TD
Luck: 13 carries, 58 yards
Wilkerson: 1 carry, 5 yards
Hewitt: 1 carry, 1 yard

Finch: 16 carries, 206 yards, 3 TDs
Millard: 2 carries, 33 yards
Hanna: 1 carry, 13 yards
Clay: 1 carry, 5 yards
Williams: 1 carry, 1 yard
Stills: 1 carry, -3 yards
Jones: 1 carry, -4 yards

Defense:
Stanford: Sack, 2 INTs, 9 Defl, FF, FR
Oklahoma: 5 sacks, INT, 4 Defl, 2 FF, FR

Box Score
OU 10-0-10-14 34
ST 7-13-2-24 47

Finch had a touchdown of 97 yards and 69 yards on the ground so that's why he hit the 200 yard mark. Also, We had a 100-yard interception return for a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Hey jarodd what's you take on the Threshold on Heisman?? Seems like it would be harder the higher you raise it but does it hurt the cpu?? just wondering why 0 and how you feel all this is affecting things.

It just feels right to me at 0.. I like for faster players to get the seperation they are suppose to.. I really don't see it affecting anything besides that. But thats just my preference. Doesn't seem like its hurting the CPU. It actually helps them in certain situations IMO.. Where do you currently have your threshold at?
Old 07-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Oklahoma (CPU) at Stanford (Me)

Passing:
Luck: 11 of 21, 234 yards, 2 TDs/INT
Jones: 14 of 31, 199 yards, TD/2 INT
Way: 1 of 1, 1 yard

Rushing:
Taylor: 28 rushes, 70 yards, TD
Luck: 13 carries, 58 yards
Wilkerson: 1 carry, 5 yards
Hewitt: 1 carry, 1 yard

Finch: 16 carries, 206 yards, 3 TDs
Millard: 2 carries, 33 yards
Hanna: 1 carry, 13 yards
Clay: 1 carry, 5 yards
Williams: 1 carry, 1 yard
Stills: 1 carry, -3 yards
Jones: 1 carry, -4 yards

Defense:
Stanford: Sack, 2 INTs, 9 Defl, FF, FR
Oklahoma: 5 sacks, INT, 4 Defl, 2 FF, FR

Box Score
OU 10-0-10-14 34
ST 7-13-2-24 47

Finch had a touchdown of 97 yards and 69 yards on the ground so that's why he hit the 200 yard mark. Also, We had a 100-yard interception return for a touchdown in the 4th quarter.
Nice.. More proof that you can still slow the CPU QB down even with there accuracy at 100 and Jones is one of the elite QBs in college football this year. Its all about how you play defense.. The USER pass coverage is good on 12 this year so you can afford it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm getting close.. It really isn't as hard as it looks when you play the CPU with there sliders up like that as long as your making the right calls on defense and mixing up your playing calling a little bit on offense. Those garbage teams do not become powerhouse teams even with the sliders up like that. You will still blow them out if your a good player. I blew Florida International out by 49 points yesterday. The USER run game is overpowered on here. The elimination of suction tackling kind of made it too easy to run so I'm trying to find a sweet spot right there.. But I got blasted in one of my games by S.Carolina yesterday so it does happen and a lot of my games against good teams go down to the wire and I lost a few games while I was testing. I'm not blowing out all the teams..
Thats good I was just saying I hope that you can get it to the point where you get some competition and can actually lose. I'll probably be trying yours next. I tried SEC elites and his are great but just to easy to run and pass and now on Heisman close to default Im still winning too easy. It's sad that we've had this game for less than a week and were getting close to maxing difficulty but whatever hope you get it done man.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Thats good I was just saying I hope that you can get it to the point where you get some competition and can actually lose. I'll probably be trying yours next. I tried SEC elites and his are great but just to easy to run and pass and now on Heisman close to default Im still winning too easy. It's sad that we've had this game for less than a week and were getting close to maxing difficulty but whatever hope you get it done man.
Yeah I definitely feel where your coming from with that. The football games always eventually get too easy for me to where I have to max out like this to get some competition from the CPU but I'm having fun with it. I just didn't like the fact that I almost beat Alabama using Bowling Green. That was terrible. I'm currently getting punished right now by TCU at halftime 31-0. I'm using Rice. This is suppose to happen when I use a scrub team against one of the top schools in the country.. Those last tweaks I made seem to work because I can't run or do anything. Haha! Let me know how they go whenever you do try them out..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 07-15-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Rice (Me) 0-0-15-7= 22
TCU(CPU) 14-17-0-17= 48

Rice-Passing
#7- 22-35 257yds 1TD 4INTs 62comp%

TCU-Passing
#4- 7-14 185yds 2TDs 1INT 50comp%

Rice-Rushing
#2- 27car 86yds 3.1avg 1TD(21yd TD run)
#7- 8car -71yds -8.8avg 1TD(7 of those were sacks)
#37 1car -9yds

TCU-Rushing
#34 12car 98yds 8.1avg 2TDs(34yd TD run)
#4 10car -36yds -3.6avg(4 of those were sacks)
#82 2car 22yds 11.0avg
#7 1car 1yd
#48 1car 10yds

Rice-Receiving
#81 6rec 73 yds 12.1avg 1TD
#87 6rec 60yds 10.0avg
#4 4rec 61yds 15.2avg
#89 3rec 26yds 8.6avg
#82 3rec 37yds 12.3avg

TCU-Receiving
#82 3rec 95yds 31.6avg 2TDs(74yd TD)
#80 1rec 5yds
#11 1rec 11yds
#13 1rec 43yds
#34 1rec 29yds

Rice-Defense
4sacks, 1INT, 3 Force Fumbles(2 recovered)

TCU-Defense
7sacks, 4INTs(2returned for TDs), 1Forced Fumble

TCU-Special Teams
2FGs

This was a rough game.. TCU was punishing me 31-0 at halftime. I started making a little run. I was down 31-15 with the ball in my redzone then threw a stupid pick 6 and the game was over from there. The sliders are getting close to where I want them. Good teams like TCU should always punish me when I'm using a team like Rice just like I should punish teams like Rice if I'm using a good team. This game felt pretty good even though I almost got back into the ball game..
Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah I definitely feel where your coming from with that. The football games always eventually get too easy for me to where I have to max out like this to get some competition from the CPU but I'm having fun with it. I just didn't like the fact that I almost beat Alabama using Bowling Green. That was terrible. I'm currently getting punished right now by TCU at halftime 31-0. I'm using Rice. This is suppose to happen when I use a scrub team against one of the top schools in the country.. Those last tweaks I made seem to work because I can't run or do anything. Haha! Let me know how they go whenever you do try them out..
Man sounds like your getting somewhere though. Thats all we want is to be able to have sim results with a little user skill determining outcomes and for vets I think your set is the only way possible. Hows the wide open recievers down field with your settings Im not seeing it nearly as much with thres at 50 but I know when I was under 50 it was way too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Man sounds like your getting somewhere though. Thats all we want is to be able to have sim results with a little user skill determining outcomes and for vets I think your set is the only way possible. Hows the wide open recievers down field with your settings Im not seeing it nearly as much with thres at 50 but I know when I was under 50 it was way too often.
Thanks man. My goal when I put together sliders is to do it for the skill players and vets like myself because like you know the game can become very easy if you don't have the right set put together and its no fun if your not being challenged.

Since I dropped the USER accuracy down to 5 its been a lot better. I believe the USER accuracy has some effects on how the CPU covers. When I had the accuracy above 10, guys was streaking open on a regular. Now its not as bad but it still happens sometimes.. Let me know if you still see that problem when you try them out..

Edit: Just happen right now before halftime.. DB was pressed up on my WR with no help over the top. So it was an easy TD. This kind of nonsense use to happen in Madden too. The CPUs Defensive playcalling in the last 2minutes has been terrible for the last few years on both games..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 07-15-2011 at 11:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »