Home

Finding JUCOs

This is a discussion on Finding JUCOs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Finding JUCOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanBoy81
It's part of the reason why the JUCO recruits do come in with higher ratings. They have less time to increase their attributes and most teams recruit JUCO players to come in and play right away to fill holes for a year or two.
Yea I know.. but just saying that I think its a freshman gem when I first see him and it turns out to be a juco.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

All things being equal I avoid them because they offer lesser shelf life (2 rather than 4 seasons). But if you RS them a year they can be pretty strong contributors those two seasons.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
All things being equal I avoid them because they offer lesser shelf life (2 rather than 4 seasons). But if you RS them a year they can be pretty strong contributors those two seasons.
I can see ur point but if ur on the cusp of being a national title contender, im sure u wudd rather have the *i know what im gettin outta him* attitude rather then the *let's wait and have him develop*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

So ...no shortcuts I guess.

Like most posters, I like these guys as transitional players. They can really allow you to find impact players while you build up your roster and younger prospects develop.

For next year it would be nice to see these guys in a seperate listing... somehow distinct from the high school players.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre
So ...no shortcuts I guess.

Like most posters, I like these guys as transitional players. They can really allow you to find impact players while you build up your roster and younger prospects develop.

For next year it would be nice to see these guys in a seperate listing... somehow distinct from the high school players.
That would be great. I would be happy to have it as a search option that included JUCO's.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I found a 3* JUCO HB that I'm very excited about and should be rated really good. I don't know how I will ever find time for him on the field as I'm loaded at HB. Here is his ratings

6'1 - 194

A speed
B+ agility
B Acc
B Elu
B Stiff Arm
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Heh jucos... When I am looking at recruits, and I am in the 2 star and I see this guy with good ratings, I always get excited... But then I realize he is a juco so.... eh... Still good but I only get 2 years with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
You get 3 years out of JUCO SOs, not 2 (which is what you get from JUCO JRs).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

spend a couple of bucks and get Pocket Scout. You can sort and filter to find what you're looking for. Even if you don't want to "cheat" and see the recruits ratings...you can hide those and be left with class, height, weight etc....then filter from there. It's saved me soooo much time finding JUCO's for my rebuild projects....I think it only cost $2....
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »