Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2020, 07:12 PM   #17
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
1. Open up Bruteforce
2. Navigate to the file using the browse bar at the top.
3. Once there, right click on USR-DATA to decrypt. If done correctly the bottom left box turns green.
4. Open up EA DB Editor (aka generic editor)
5. File -> Load config to select a config file that you've downloaded earlier (I like Xan's, but there are other options too.)
6. Wait until the config file opens, you know it's ready when you see a bunch of tab headers.
7. File -> Open.
8. Navigate to the save on your USB like you would any other program and open the named folder. It should appear empty.
9. On the windows explorer screen, change the file filter (drop-down menu lower right) from .MC02 to All Files.
10. Double click USR-DTA to open. The editor will usually take anywhere from several seconds to nearly a minute to open the file, depending on your computer. This is normal.

For what it's worth, op, I can't get the purple editor to open PS3 files.
Hasn't worked for me once. I still get the same message. I assume it's supposed to save somewhere but idk where
Old 01-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

The Xbox360 disc I just got is now not reading and has scratches. I’ve been keeping it in the case when not playing. I can’t catch a break with this game. The new college football game can’t get here soon enough and I sure as hell hope it’s downloadable because I’m sick of cheap *** discs

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by GSEagles001; 01-07-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:30 PM   #19
Rookie

I don’t understand how some of y’all can get PS3 files to load whereas there are several people, myself included, that can’t .
Old 01-08-2020, 06:42 AM   #20
Rookie

I’ll just play the PS3 version and update my website by text and maybe by some miracle I’ll get it to work one day. If not screw it

Old 01-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #21
Rookie

I’m so sorry to keep harping on it. It’s just frustrating because I used to be able to open and edit PS3 dynasty files and now I cannot. I’m not giving up on it though

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #22
Rookie

I’m sure it’s something I’m not doing correctly I just can’t figure out what it is

Old 01-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
I’m sure it’s something I’m not doing correctly I just can’t figure out what it is

I feel like what you are describing happened to me once. IIRC, I had accidentally encrypted the USR-DATA with .mc02 still on the end. At that point, it would neither work on the PS3 (obviously), but it also would give that same error when attempting to load into Brute.

The solution, IIRC, was:
1. Decrypt USR-DATA with ".mc02" attached
2. Encrypt USR-DATA with ".mc02" attached
3. Remove ".mc02" from the end of file name.
4. Decrypt again with ".mc02" removed.
5. Encrypt again with ".mc02" removed.
6. Decrypt USR-DATA, as usual.
7. Add ".mc02" to the end of the file name, as usual.
8. Try in Brute = worked for me, here.

It's been a while, but that is how I remember it. You may not have made the same mistake that I did though, so I'm not sure if it will even help, but I hope you get it figured out.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I feel like what you are describing happened to me once. IIRC, I had accidentally encrypted the USR-DATA with .mc02 still on the end. At that point, it would neither work on the PS3 (obviously), but it also would give that same error when attempting to load into Brute.

The solution, IIRC, was:

1. Decrypt USR-DATA with ".mc02" attached

2. Encrypt USR-DATA with ".mc02" attached

3. Remove ".mc02" from the end of file name.

4. Decrypt again with ".mc02" removed.

5. Encrypt again with ".mc02" removed.

6. Decrypt USR-DATA, as usual.

7. Add ".mc02" to the end of the file name, as usual.

8. Try in Brute = worked for me, here.

It's been a while, but that is how I remember it. You may not have made the same mistake that I did though, so I'm not sure if it will even help, but I hope you get it figured out.

I don’t add MC02 until after I decrypted the file. Here’s what I do:

1. Load USB into computer and open Bruteforce. Open the folder “BLUS11359_dynasty name “ and it shows in red as “Unreadable “
2. I have to then click “All Files” and hit Refresh. Then I am able to decrypt the file. The box at the bottom turns green.
3. I then close Bruteforce and when the message pops up “PS3 will only read encrypted files yada yada. “ I ignore it and close Bruteforce.
I then go into my USB directory on the PC and open the dynasty save. I right click on USR DATA, rename and add “MC02”.
4. Then I go to the editors(yes I try to open it in multiple editors). Always get the “this is not a MC02 or DB file “ error. Although it clearly is because when you select MC02 under filetype it comes up and also if you right click on USR DATA and go to Properties it’s shown as MC02 file

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »