Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 01-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Could it have something to do with having to Click on All Files and Refresh in Bruteforce?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

I used to be able to open PS3 files with no problem and the one thing I remember differently from now is in Bruteforce I just click on the file and the USR DATA and HED Data and the other parts of the file were already shown. I didnít have to click All Files. Are there any versions of Bruteforce where they already show up? I think the fact that they donít show up immediately may be the source of the problem

Old 01-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
I used to be able to open PS3 files with no problem and the one thing I remember differently from now is in Bruteforce I just click on the file and the USR DATA and HED Data and the other parts of the file were already shown. I didnít have to click All Files. Are there any versions of Bruteforce where they already show up? I think the fact that they donít show up immediately may be the source of the problem

Yeah, I use 4.7.4 and never do that. I just select the BLUS on the path select drop down menu, and then Decrypt PFD - Decrypt All Files - click Yes. Then, after editing, Encrypt PFD - Encrypt Decrypted Files. That's all I ever do in BF 4.7.4. I also leave BF open while editing. Not sure if it helps anything, but I find it convenient.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #28
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I use 4.7.4 and never do that. I just select the BLUS on the path select drop down menu, and then Decrypt PFD - Decrypt All Files - click Yes. Then, after editing, Encrypt PFD - Encrypt Decrypted Files. That's all I ever do in BF 4.7.4. I also leave BF open while editing. Not sure if it helps anything, but I find it convenient.
At this point I'm tempted to email one of you guys to set this stuff up for me since nothing anyone posts here works for me at all. I just want to use the dynamic dynasty tool on my new file
Old 01-09-2020, 02:32 AM   #29
Rookie

JHamilton9's Arena

I vaguely remember that it is better to edit the file on your desktop versus your USB drive. It's the way I have always done it. I just copy the dynasty from the USB drive to my desktop. My folder heirarchy on both devices are as follows: PS3 > SAVEDATA > BLUS...

Also inside my desktop PS3 folder is:
  • NCAA Dynasty Editor (purple/yellow)
  • EA DB Editor folder, which contains the blue/green editor, the XML config files, NCalc.dll, Antlr3****ntime.dll, profile.xml, and the Images folder
  • Bruteforce Save Data folder, which has the Bruteforce app, 2 cache files, and 3 conf files
Like has been mentioned before, the first thing I do will also be the last thing I do. The first thing I do is open Bruteforce, decrypt the files, add the MC02 extension by using the "Rename" command, then open the editor. I will leave Bruteforce open the entire time I am editing. Once I'm done editing, close the editor, remove the MC02 extension using "Rename", encrypt the files, and the last thing I do is close Bruteforce.

I do all the editing on my desktop and then transfer the file to the USB drive. Then I transfer the file from the USB drive to the PS3.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:21 AM   #30
Rookie

I will try this but I have tried copying the folder from USB to PC and editing the extension in PC. I also tried leaving BF open. Still got the error

Old 01-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #31
Rookie

I have my editors set up in folders. I will try all of these suggestions and thanks very much. I know itís possible because Iíve got it before. Itís probably something I am doing wrong or not doing and I will slap myself when I find out what it is

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #32
Rookie

In the meantime Iím going to go on playing the game as is and keep trying occasionally

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »