Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
I have my editors set up in folders. I will try all of these suggestions and thanks very much. I know it’s possible because I’ve got it before. It’s probably something I am doing wrong or not doing and I will slap myself when I find out what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Have you tried multiple dynasty and roster files, or are you just trying one that is important to you, over and over? It would tell you a lot, to know if it's an error in the individual save that is preventing it from working (which I've had), or if the problem lies in the overall process and occurs with any save file.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Have you tried multiple dynasty and roster files, or are you just trying one that is important to you, over and over? It would tell you a lot, to know if it's an error in the individual save that is preventing it from working (which I've had), or if the problem lies in the overall process and occurs with any save file.
I can create 4 or 5 and try some different ones. I have tried others in the past and got the same error but I didnt' follow the same process exactly as you and others have suggested. I am going to watch a basketball game and when I get back I can post screenshots of how my folders and everything is set up and each step I do. Maybe someone can help from that.

One other thing to throw out as a possibility? Could my actual PS3 be the problem? The reason I say that is because, as I have stated a few times, I have gotten PS3 dynasty files to open before. It has been a year or so, and I am pretty sure I had a different PS3 console at that time. I'm not 100% sure it was a different PS3 but I believe it was. I do not have another one handy to test at this time. Honestly, I don't think that should matter but who knows?

For what it's worth the only editor I was ever able to open PS3 NCAA files(both 13 and 14) was the NCAA Dynasty(purple and yellow). I have never been able to open PS3 with the blue and green ones.

Hopefully I will eventually get it to work. All help is appreciated.

Last edited by GSEagles001; 01-09-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
I don’t understand how some of y’all can get PS3 files to load whereas there are several people, myself included, that can’t .
I had many issues when I first tried but I finally got it to work. I can modify stats and add playoffs games now. You still having issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
I can create 4 or 5 and try some different ones. I have tried others in the past and got the same error but I didnt' follow the same process exactly as you and others have suggested. I am going to watch a basketball game and when I get back I can post screenshots of how my folders and everything is set up and each step I do. Maybe someone can help from that.

One other thing to throw out as a possibility? Could my actual PS3 be the problem? The reason I say that is because, as I have stated a few times, I have gotten PS3 dynasty files to open before. It has been a year or so, and I am pretty sure I had a different PS3 console at that time. I'm not 100% sure it was a different PS3 but I believe it was. I do not have another one handy to test at this time. Honestly, I don't think that should matter but who knows?

For what it's worth the only editor I was ever able to open PS3 NCAA files(both 13 and 14) was the NCAA Dynasty(purple and yellow). I have never been able to open PS3 with the blue and green ones.

Hopefully I will eventually get it to work. All help is appreciated.
You could attach your save and I will try to open it myself; see if I have any issues.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #37
Rookie

What config file are you using? I believe I used PocketScout for modifying playoff gams and Xans for updating stats.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
You could attach your save and I will try to open it myself; see if I have any issues.

How do I attach the save? I’ve never tried it before. I’m not home but when I get home I’ll see if I can figure it out. Thanks

Old 01-12-2020, 01:22 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigahs
What config file are you using? I believe I used PocketScout for modifying playoff gams and Xans for updating stats.

I tried all of them no luck with any of them.

Old 01-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #40
Rookie

Tuscaloosa, I’m guessing I need to send the entire folder with the save file name and leave it encrypted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »