Home

5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

This is a discussion on 5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2022, 10:11 AM   #57
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
SO I could open the most overrated things about madden?

You could. But it’s hard to come up with a list of features that would be considered overrated when most are so forgettable or poorly designed they get removed after a year or two and then reintroduced a few years later in more or less the same capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-30-2022, 10:29 AM   #58

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Agreed - hard for me to think of anything is “highly rated” for madden so not sure what would be considered “overrated” and simply making a list of things YOU don’t like probably won’t go well.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:21 PM   #59
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

The OP is clearly an ******* that has motivation to incite because he didn't like the poll in the madden forum where 2k5 won a poll against Madden 05 that's all.No reason for anyone to get butthurt about those things.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:06 AM   #60
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll say to the day I die that mvp05 was the greatest baseball game ever. The gameplay, owner mode, soundtrack. Everything about it was incredible. I couldn't get through a game of it now if I tried though. Its just too old and The Show has made it obsolete.

2k5 is completely different. It's just better than Madden in so many ways. I don't hate Madden in fact I buy it every year. After a few weeks or a month of Madden I am back on 2k.

It's not nostalgia for me either. I liked Madden 05 way better than 2k5 at the time. I played 2k5 till Madden dropped and it wasn't till I had years of being disappointed by Madden that I really developed my deep feeling of appreciation for 2k5.

The OP was a decent read and I could see his points until the " if you like 2k5s gameplay better than Maddens your delusional" comment. 2k5 has some problem areas but as a whole it feels way more like football than anything I've played from Madden in a long long time.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:22 AM   #61
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
as a whole it feels way more like football than anything I've played from Madden in a long long time.
When's the last time you played Madden? There is far more X's and O's football in Madden NFL 17 than what was available in NFL 2K5, let alone any later version of Madden.

That's not a slight against NFL 2K5, there's over a decade of real time between the two games I compared; of course a newer game is more nuanced. But let's not pretend NFL 2K5 is more advanced than it actually is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2022, 10:08 PM   #62
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
When's the last time you played Madden? There is far more X's and O's football in Madden NFL 17 than what was available in NFL 2K5, let alone any later version of Madden.

That's not a slight against NFL 2K5, there's over a decade of real time between the two games I compared; of course a newer game is more nuanced. But let's not pretend NFL 2K5 is more advanced than it actually is.
So advanced that the running backs can't run. Dbs can't cover. Lineman cant block and all the QBs play the same. That was last years Madden I'm referring to. And the one before it. And the one before it. And the one before it. And the one before it.

Honestly I can still have fun with Madden but it doesn't feel "right" to me. 2k does. But hey that's just my opinion.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:45 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Honestly I can still have fun with Madden but it doesn't feel "right" to me. 2k does. But hey that's just my opinion.
Football is still Football (at least it used to be). Schemes change, the fundamentals of the game really don’t. A lot of schemes aren’t as “new” as people initially think. A lot of football concepts have been recycled.

The game is always going to be about some things, fundamentally. Angles, gap integrity, leverage. 2K has always done that better.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #64
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Madden bowl 2020 was won by a guy who used a punter at qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »