Home

Washington Redskins Official Thread

This is a discussion on Washington Redskins Official Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #17
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Washington Redskins Official Thread

trade talks began and ended... Jason Taylor is now a member of the Washington Redskins. HUGE signing as I disagree that DE was a position of depth. In fact many wondered why they went WR twice instead of DE in the draft. Losing Daniels would've left a HUGE hole. Now it goes from a weakness to a stength. I'd say if Zorn can get the team behind him, they'll be neck and neck with the Boys and Giants all year now.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
trade talks began and ended... Jason Taylor is now a member of the Washington Redskins. HUGE signing as I disagree that DE was a position of depth. In fact many wondered why they went WR twice instead of DE in the draft. Losing Daniels would've left a HUGE hole. Now it goes from a weakness to a stength. I'd say if Zorn can get the team behind him, they'll be neck and neck with the Boys and Giants all year now.
You are right I shouldn't have said a lot of depth at the positions. I didn't know that Erasmus James was on PUP list. I also was unaware that we lost a second DE in the afternoon practice. As for the draft. I figured that with an offensive minded coach coming in we would draft offense for his first draft. We needed big WR to run a WC offense. So no surprise there. I also figured that with about 9 mill in cap space that we would go after someone before the regular season to help the defense. I'm happy that we got Taylor, right now. I hope he doesn't turn into another Bruce Smith. I also hope that we can get 2 years out of him. That would make the deal all the better IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Everyone healthy and accounted for and DE was still the biggest weak spot of the team, offense and defense. A big WR was needed, however they drafted 2 WRs and a TE in the early rounds without even sniffing at a DE. Now I'm not pointing it out to criticize. It was an interesting approach and I'm willing to see how it unfolds... with the addition of Taylor, it seems like it's falling into place nicely.

The loss of Daniels is big but Taylor is a game changing player on the level of another Taylor (RIP). The difference is he's 33 but he is in no way, shape or form Bruce Smith when he came to the Skins. Smith's skills were clearly declining and he would've already been retired if he had the record. That means he came to Washington for the big paycheck, was playing for a record more than the team AND he was running on fumes.

Not to mention, the biggest problem with the Smith and Deion year was that they added to areas the skins were already strong (DE, corner and punt/kick returner)... and it was with the expectation that the Skins would win the SB that year. There really is no comparison at all besides them playing the same position (and even there, Taylor can drop back to LB... he's the prototypical tweener that have made the Ravens D famous).

I honestly can't see any negative to this. Maybe he gets hurt, but that hasn't been his M.O. and that could happen to anyone.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #20
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Chris Cooley Fantasy File. Don't know if this is old but I saw it on his website. He also has one of the best blogs out there. http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/

Twitch

Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-26-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #21
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I swear everytime I see those Fantasy File commercials I always come off with a "Get The **** Outta Here" expression because a part of me wants to think it IS real but a part of me knows it isn't lol.

That was good tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 30

From what I've read, the scrimmage today was a huge success.

It sounds like Campbell did well and Colt performed like the bum WAC player he is.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #23
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

My brother was there last week. He said, that Campbell was dropping balls into the receivers all over the place and looked comfortable in the offense. Jason Taylor was unblockable. Malcolm Kelly was the best receiver on the field in the afternoon session. Devin Thomas is jacked. And he said that in his opinion Colt Brennan looked better than Todd Collins.

Not for nothing but he isn't one of those homers who drinks the extreme skins kool-aid. He also has played the QB position as did I do I tend to give him the benefit talks QBs.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 07-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Not discounting your brother's opinion on how the players looked, but Brandon Lloyd looks like a beast right now too. I think Brennan's gonna be better than Collins though. He might end up better than Campbell but I think Jason will have a good season. The Skins problem is really staying healthy. They've got a nice lineup but little depth at some important positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »