Home

Best NHL2k on PS2

This is a discussion on Best NHL2k on PS2 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Best NHL2k on PS2

Hello everyone! The other day I downloaded the PS2 emulator. I launched the NHL2k5 game on it - I liked the game, especially with an internal resolution of 4k (or 5k).

Unfortunately, I almost missed the PS2 / XBOX generation. Therefore, I ask for your help (at the same time and ask your opinion) - how is the part better on PS2 from 2k ??

If you can write more, the better ...

Friends, I want to ask you something else - is NHL2k8 on PS2 as cool as on PS3 in terms of gameplay and features (of course, graphics are worse)? Are there any super feints and punches (like on the PS3 / XBOX360)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and detailed answers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Best NHL2k on PS2

2k8 on PS2 is basically a small upgrade to 2k6 as far as I remember. It did not have the skill stick either like PS3 had.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 05-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #3
MVP

And best one?

I liked the presentation of the espn versions best. I did enjoy the gameplay of those games aswell. However from what I remember gameplay wise they got better in the later years even though the presentation wasn't as good.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
And best one?

I liked the presentation of the espn versions best. I did enjoy the gameplay of those games aswell. However from what I remember gameplay wise they got better in the later years even though the presentation wasn't as good.
That is, NHL 2k10 on PS2 is better than 2k5, and in general the best ??
Old 05-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #5
MVP

I think the last one I played on PS2 was 2K8 (I had a lot of fun with it). After that I got a PS3 and 2K8 for that one which was a completely different game with the 360 degree skill stick.

I bought EA NHL09 (PS3) the next year, stopped playing NHL in 2015 and did not look back very much until I discovered 2KHS.
Therefor I am not the one to judge the PS2 games after 2K8.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW99nWo
Hello everyone! The other day I downloaded the PS2 emulator. I launched the NHL2k5 game on it - I liked the game, especially with an internal resolution of 4k (or 5k).

Unfortunately, I almost missed the PS2 / XBOX generation. Therefore, I ask for your help (at the same time and ask your opinion) - how is the part better on PS2 from 2k ??

If you can write more, the better ...

Friends, I want to ask you something else - is NHL2k8 on PS2 as cool as on PS3 in terms of gameplay and features (of course, graphics are worse)? Are there any super feints and punches (like on the PS3 / XBOX360)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and detailed answers.

I´m working in Roster updates for NHL 2K7 and 2K5 for the PS2 emulators.
I will release here the rosters in the next weeks.I think NHL 2K7 is the best version of the PS2 2K NHL versions ;-) , my opinion of course.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
I´m working in Roster updates for NHL 2K7 and 2K5 for the PS2 emulators.
I will release here the rosters in the next weeks.I think NHL 2K7 is the best version of the PS2 2K NHL versions ;-) , my opinion of course.
And what is better 2k7 in comparison with 2k5 ??
Which roasters? modern?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW99nWo
And what is better 2k7 in comparison with 2k5 ??
Which roasters? modern?
Listen, I mean this in the nicest way possible: try them for yourself. "Best" means nothing. Really. I understand completely what you're trying to do because I play several several yearly editions of several sports games. You don't want to waste your time, you don't want to play something and then find out there was another one you liked more... I get it.

In my opinion, when you really cook all the ingredients down into their final stew, the first thing that typically matters to people more than anything, and often even when they don't like to admit it, is simply: the look of the game. And plus what makes one game better than another isn't always objective. I know a lot of people who I love talking to here and about this and other games, and we talk about NHL or baseball or other games and yet we have totally different opinions about which game is better and why. So you ask person A which is better and they say 2K5 for the gameplay and then person B says 2K8 for the gameplay... ok, then what? Now you have to choose who to believe.

Go to Youtube, search for:

[game title] gameplay [console name]

...and watch videos. See which one 'looks' most interesting. It may be better to start with ones we have rosters for. And don't limit yourself to 2K. The majority of people out there prefer EA. Those of us who are big 2K fans are actually a rather small number and we see each other in all the different forums. That's how small our community is. So, I'd seriously watch some EA NHL series videos too. Up until Legacy on 360/PS3, EA makes a great hockey game.

Anyway, I'm not trying to silence you or anything negative. Plus you're asking about the PS2 titles which even fewer people still play or know about it. I just see you asking questions that are not going to get you much help because it's like asking, "should I have ice cream or chocolate? And if it's ice cream, which flavour should I get?" And all I'm saying is, go to the shop yourself. Look at the flavours. Then try one for yourself.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 05-22-2020 at 06:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »