Home

2023 game plans

This is a discussion on 2023 game plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2023 game plans

outside of the usual suspects of triple a sports titles I play throughout the year,
the only other game I'm looking forward to at the moment is Blood Bowl III

A Work in Progress
Old 12-31-2022, 02:31 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Right now, Jedi Survivor is the only for-sure buy for me. I beat Fallen Order on the PS4, but I'd like to run through it again on the PS5 before Survivor comes out.

Madden 24 and NBA 2K24 are likely buys simply because I'm still playing the PS4 versions of M23 and 2K22.

I'm planning to buy MLB 23, but I'm so invested in MLB 21 (PS5 version) that it's not a sure thing.

Street Fighter 7 and Tekken 8 will also get looks from me. But I may wait for the inevitable ultimate editions down the line.

Otherwise, I'll work to tackle my massive backlog. I'm currently playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits. I'm going to restart FF7 with the PS5 version and give The Witcher 3 another go with the PS5 upgrade.
Old 12-31-2022, 03:41 PM   #11
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

If we get PS5 Pro this year and I'll be able to get one, the only 100% must-haves currently are:

Horizon Forbidden West
Tales of Arise

Strong consideration:

Demon's Souls Remake
The Last of Us Remake

Until PS5 Pro comes out, whenever that might be, I am perfectly comfortable with chopping at my backlog on PS4. Didn't do a particularly good job with that this year.

Starting new year with:
Bloodborne
fault: milestone one

Currently shelved but might get another look soon, probably as a change of pace / atmosphere:
Fallout 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

Happy gaming in 2023 everyone!

Odoslané z moto x4 pomocou Tapatalku
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2022, 07:28 PM   #12
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
If we get PS5 Pro this year and I'll be able to get one, the only 100% must-haves currently are:

Horizon Forbidden West
Tales of Arise

Strong consideration:

Demon's Souls Remake
The Last of Us Remake

Until PS5 Pro comes out, whenever that might be, I am perfectly comfortable with chopping at my backlog on PS4. Didn't do a particularly good job with that this year.

Starting new year with:
Bloodborne
fault: milestone one

Currently shelved but might get another look soon, probably as a change of pace / atmosphere:
Fallout 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

Happy gaming in 2023 everyone!

Wait really, PS5 Pro already??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-31-2022, 10:37 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24

November 2024 would be my guess. Literally, the halfway point of the current generation.

2023 will see Sony introduce a PS5 Digital Slim edition with an optional disc drive attachment for those who want to be able to play games via disc.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:31 AM   #14
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There are rumors that we might get Pro this year but I am no expert, the other alternative - slim version - might be much closer to what we actually get, but one can at least dream...

Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 01-01-2023, 10:39 AM   #15
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

2023 Gaming Plans

With year 2 of gaming goals being another success, this will be year 3 of my gaming goals. A few years ago, I decided to go this route and set goals for my gaming because I had a crazy backlog of games that was constantly growing and was trying to make progress on it. I decided this was futile. Instead I set goals for areas of gaming as opposed to making a goal for a backlog that would not come to fruition. As with the last 2 years, the goals are broken into a few categories.

Sports Gaming Plans:

This is a category I have actually cut back on goals here after tapering back my sports gaming in 2022. It wasn’t by choice, but it is what happened. It is really only down to 2-3 sports games I play. Overall, I am looking to accomplish 1 of these 3 goals.

NBA 2k23: Finish my 2030-31 Seattle expansion franchise season and win the team its first NBA title. Playing all 82 games plus playoffs.

MLB 20 The Show: Make substantial progress on the 2028 Indians and go for another World Series title. Upping the difficulty from All-star to Hall of Fame for the entire season. At the pace I now play MLB, I don’t see finishing the 2028 season in the 2023 calendar year, so substantial progress is the goal here.

Madden 21/23: Honestly, still deciding if I want to give 23 another shot or not. Madden 21 PS5 is a great game but with the trend of the last 2 Maddens, I am even starting to get over 21. The goal will be to win a championship and building my team up through simming. I will play the year I go for the super bowl.

Sports games purchases:

The goal here is simple. To not buy any sports games in 2023. I already broke the trend with NHL and will not be buying Madden anymore either. NBA 2k23 will last me multiple years so I will not be buying 2k24. The one wild card will be MLB 23. I already have a list of things that need to be in this game for my return to buying the MLB series but chances are highly likely I will be holding off as I need to be wowed to invest in the new game. If I don’t buy MLB 23, my buying streak will be broken and I can finally move past buying sports games annually. This one is also a challenge because my wife does like to buy it for me sometimes.

Non-Sports Gaming:

Beat 3 games in 2023:

This one is straight forward. Beat 3 games in 2023 that I have not beaten before. This is preferable as opposed to saying I am going to work on a backlog of games, as I know in doing that, I will never actually empty the list or make substantial progress.

I have significant progress made in God of War Ragnarok, so that will be one most likely. I will also be playing the heck out of Hogwart's Legacy when that comes out in February.

Meet 3 PC Gaming Goals:

This will be my first full calendar year with my new gaming PC I got last June, so I am excited about that.

I have a series of goals I have made for various PC games and I strive to meet 3 of them. I will not list the goals for all of the games, but here is a breakdown of some of the games and the goals.

Farming Simulator 22: This game has consumed my PC gaming for the last 6 weeks and will likely continue to do so in 2023. The goal is to turn the No Man's Land map into a farming hub.

Cities Skylines: As per my tradition, I have founded a new city on the first day of the year. The goal is to reach 100,000 population. I reached 94,000 in 2022’s city, but my infrastructure fell apart. Lesson learned for a new 2023 city.

Factorio: In 2021, I finally launched a rocket into space and beat the game. The goal this year is to make a mega factory. Depending on multiple things, this may be a goal that branches into 2 years. First will be to make the biggest factory I ever have then branch from there potentially.

GearCity: I reached the late 1940’s in 2022. My goal for 2023 is to continue that playthrough and reach 1990.

Project Hospital: Yes, this is a strange one here considering I spend 45 plus hours a week in a Georgia hospital, but I really enjoy the simulation and building aspects of this game. The goal here is to have a hospital with all of the departments fully functioning.

Planet Zoo: The goal is to create a new zoo in 2023 and trump my zoo I made back in 2021. I also broke ground on this as my last zoo was made and played only in 2021.

Software, Inc.: The furthest I have ever gotten is around 2010 in this game with my company. This one is hard to continue old saves in as the saves become incompatible with new updates. Goal is to make a company starting in 1980 and reach 2020.

Stardew Valley: I reached the beginning of year 4 back in 2021. The furthest I have ever gotten. This year, I look to continue that save and reach the beginning of year 6.

There are a few others games here as well.

Re-beat 1 Final Fantasy game:

I love the old Final Fantasy games. And now that multiple titles are remastered for current consoles, I can relive that old glory. In 2022, I beat FF9 for I don’t know what the total number of times in now. Probably 8 or 9 times I have played and beat this game in my life. In 2023, the candidate for beating an old final fantasy game will be Final Fantasy 7.

YouTube/Twitch:

I want to work on some streaming and content creation in 2023. I have the channels established but will try to dive further into it in 2023.

Planned Purchases:

Hogwarts Legacy (PS5): This is already pre-ordered.

Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores (PS5): After beating the game in 2022, this is an obvious purchase.

Diablo IV (PS5): I love the Diablo games and with a date finally announced, it will be joining my inventory in 2023.

Potential Purchases:

Star Wars Jedi Survivor (PS5): The first one was lackluster to me. Not bad but not amazing either. So, I am on the fence here.

Forspoken (PS5): Looks to be fun so it is a maybe.

Gran Turismo 7 (PS5): This has obviously been out for a while and I enjoyed the heck out of 5. If this has a price drop, I may pull the trigger here.

I look to make year 3 of gaming goals another success. Honestly, I wasn't 100 percent sure about the concept when I started back in 2021, but it re-energized my gaming. Especially as I start to move away from sports gaming more and more.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 01-03-2023 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2023, 01:31 PM   #16
All Star

Really surprised how good sonic is with the history of how bad sonic 3d games have been. The boss fights are awesome a lot of things remind me of Zelda botw. Easily the best 3d sonic game. The surprise game of 2022. I beat island 2 last night think I will try to play more of this to start 2023 and also try to beat Kirby as I am getting towards the end think I am at the last boss. think I will also start a second play threw of Horizon forbidden west on new game + being meaning to get around to it with VRR mode update to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »