Home

Elden Ring

This is a discussion on Elden Ring within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2022, 11:14 PM   #25
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Elden Ring

LET'S GO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2022, 11:29 PM   #26
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
Sorry, but this game is garbage. I died 30 times in 15 minutes at the very start of the game. Absolutely ridiculous for it to be that hard. If you don't like an incredible challenge, DO NOT buy this game. Maybe 1 percent of people will beat this game. If you can't progress in a game because it's so incredibly difficult, what the hell do you do? ******* ridiculous.
FromSoftware games like this, Demon Souls, Bloodborne etc are known for being ridiculously hard and at times very unforgiving. I played and beat Bloodborne when it came out and actually really enjoyed that one. Don't even know what made me buy it just looked cool I guess I've since tried some of the devs other games and haven't been a fan for multiple reasons.

As for Elden Ring the marketing at a glance makes it seem like a typical epic RPG, with interesting environments and amazing character designs which it does. I played the beta thinking it was going to be more Witcher/AC:O but was disappointed to find out it was more of the same as the devs other titles just in a more open world. These Souls-like games are pretty niche and definitely not for everyone, they're difficult, you'll die a lot and sometimes the story is very abstract.

Elden Ring and games like it just aren't for me anymore and while I wouldn't go as far to call it trash (having not played it) i can definitely understand the frustration if you don't know what you're getting into.

Sent from Operation Sports Xtreme Mobile App

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 02-25-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:11 AM   #27
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
Sorry, but this game is garbage. I died 30 times in 15 minutes at the very start of the game. Absolutely ridiculous for it to be that hard. If you don't like an incredible challenge, DO NOT buy this game. Maybe 1 percent of people will beat this game. If you can't progress in a game because it's so incredibly difficult, what the hell do you do? ******* ridiculous.
It's an open world game. You can literally walk around that knight on a horse and progress through the game. Get stuck on a boss? Come back to him later and explore another part of the map. You can even summon phantoms who will make boss fights much easier. You can basically never run out of fingers that allow you to summon. All it takes is getting the crafting toolkit for a couple hundred runes and collecting a couple flowers that are abundant all over the map. I haven't even defeated that knight yet and still progressed. I've beaten over 10 bosses already. There's even a stealth mechanic. Crouch in tall grass and you can sneak around enemies. ****, you don't even have to stealth, you can literally run past 99% of enemies and they stop chasing you eventually. They made it even easier to do that by adding a mount to the game. There's certain enemy types I don't **** with already and those are the damn birds with blades. I'm running past those guys every single time.

The combat in these games only require patience. You don't need insane reaction times, you don't need stick skills, you just need to be patient and attack when the opportunity is there. The difficulty of these games are exaggerated. It's alright if it isn't your type of game, no game appeals to everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #28
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Elden Ring

I will be streaming this within the next hour on the PS5. Luckily the PS5 is the only system running at an almost locked 60fps. I will be starting from the beginning and you can watch the VOD on my twitch. A couple things you should know; I’ve never played a Souls game before this one. I put in about 7 hours yesterday on my XBOX, it was so good I bought the deluxe edition on PS5. So I’m going in knowing nothing about these games but at least now I have some knowledge so when you watch I won’t be lost.

TWITCH.TV/TC020791

Last edited by tc020791; 02-25-2022 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:01 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Played last night for two hours. Game is incredible.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:51 AM   #30
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I've gone with an Astrologer build which is essentially a mage build. I've heard that not all the initial starting classes are equal in terms of difficulty. Classes that can do long range damage can run away when the going gets tough. Much harder to do with a melee class type build since your toe-to-toe with a baddie who can probably kill you with two or three good shots early in the game.

So if your struggling and dying -- and yes, there will be lots of dying -- I'd recommend a class that relies on long range damage early.

Having fun so far. I like that the map is a blank open canvas for you to explore rather than have explanation marks/question marks for quest givers.

It is kind of difficult to understand where you're suppose to go or even what the next step is right now but half the fun in an open world game is the exploring. However, even something as mundane as learning how to level up, I had to go Google to figure that out. That's something you would think would be explained off the top.

I definitely won't be doing any caves for many levels.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:12 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

I will stick with my original complaints after playing for a few more hours. Game is absurdly difficult. No question in my mind, that a huge percentage of people will be extremely frustrated with this game. People have been saying that you should move on if a particular area is too tough. Move on where? You have no idea where to go. Furthermore, how do you know where enemies are that aren't going to take you 50 times to defeat? I went to an enemy camp very early on, and I have tried to defeat them one by one, and after 20 times, I gave up. I don't know how anyone can find that fun. If you don't have an enormous amount of patience, don't try this game. It's a shame, if the developers would have offered difficulty levels, a lot more people would have enjoyed this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2022, 11:53 AM   #32
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I got a buddy that loves Souls games and is super hyped for this. He's trying to get me to check it out but I threw a controller playing Pokemon Legends Arceus the other day lol. I don't think it would be safe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »