Home

OS Fact or Fiction: NBA Games Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: NBA Games Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: NBA Games Edition

It has been several weeks since we last saw our OS Staff Members under fire to see what they really believe in a round of OS Fact or Fiction. However, this week on Operation Sports Fact or Fiction, our staffers get a bit more than they expected when we ask them several questions about the NBA games and how the NBA release has gone thus far. Check out their thoughts by taking a look at the latest OS Fact or Fiction!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
#1-2K9
#2- NBA 09:The Inside
#3-NBA Live 09

NBA 09 The Inside...is a severly UNDERRATED game....people should pay attention to the details...NBA 2K9 is the best BUT if SONY gets their game a few extras in the way of gameplay....Watch OUT 2K
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17
As with ALL EA sport games. IMO they can't be taken seriously online until they address their servers. They are the worst and have been for years. As far as off line I think all EA sport games have improved this year. I bought Live the day it came out. I played 15 to 20 games, then I played 2K once, I no longer am playing live. What does EA always say? "Wait till next year"
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: NBA Games Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
As with ALL EA sport games. IMO they can't be taken seriously online until they address their servers. They are the worst and have been for years. As far as off line I think all EA sport games have improved this year. I bought Live the day it came out. I played 15 to 20 games, then I played 2K once, I no longer am playing live. What does EA always say? "Wait till next year"
I no its becoming the cool thing to hate anything that's EA me personally i don't care who makes it as long as its good, but are you kidding me i ve had nothing but problems online with 2k9 at first i tought it was just me until i found out it was everybody else as well, if my games not freezing its laggy, i normally don't have problems online seeing how i don't use a router, I have both games and live plays better for me online. I ve had 2k9 since day one and i still cant play online.

Last edited by infamousD; 10-13-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Rookie

2k9 is my favorite then their is Live and then Nba 09 Inside I just like 2k is alot better gaming and from what I see more realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah so if u wanna talk about this to me u should come register to this new free site

http://talkinboutsports.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5
Ray Delizo - Fiction. The fact that Sony currently has the best Major League baseball game on the market makes one wonder when that kind of video game magic will translate to its NBA franchise. With the tremendous strides that NBA Live and NBA 2K have both made, without some major changes, Sony's NBA games might die an ignoble death. The addition of Franchise mode this year is a step in the right direction, but other areas like presentation and gameplay need work before it can be considered a contender to the throne.

The statement wasn't if it would be a contender to the throne, it's if the game will still be around in 4 years. It's lifespan hasn't been very long & it's already making strides. The addition of Franchise mode was a must & that has been done, now they need to build on it, & why wouldn't they?

The Life is also a big feature, especially considering how popular RTTS is. If done right, & this is still only the 3rd or 4th version of it, with continued strides in improving it, it could be a huge draw.

NBA '09 The Inside also includes 14 of the 16 NBDL teams which could be an even bigger draw for hardcore simmers. No other NBA game out on console includes this.

It may or may not be around in 4 years, probably not competing for the throne but that's not what the statement was about. It has features that it can build on to greatly improve their chances of hanging around. In short, your analysis is ignorant & fails...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:17 AM   #8
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
2k sports " IF ITS IN THE GAME. FOR REAL EA LOOK AT THIS ITS IN THEIR GAMES". LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »