Home

OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #49
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
I think what sells me on sports games is the ability to mod them. looking at the games now what i see in general is the lack of polish they seem to focus on game play more than realisim or replay value replay value to me is being able to add more things to it like cyberfaces or the real hockey masks or being able to get the correct jersey or uniform.

if you think i am crazy then do this when you get madden 12 count how many players have there actual cyber faces on your fav team my guess out of the 53 man roster your gonna see 7 to 10 at most that is 20 to 15 percent and that is not acceptable the game makers ever year do not put enough effort into getting those things right
if we as a community have a way to import those images threw a flash drive that the games would recognize the files or file structure so that it renders in the games then you would see alot of other fan sites bloom with people making and sharing the images making the game more appealing to buy as a consumer who would not want to put all your fav players faces or for hockey i know everyone has been dieing to get the real hockey masks but ea can not afford the lic for them but if we could create them and import them for our offline chises it would be awesome.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #50
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
user-defined cameras are a must
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #51
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
NFL 2k5 and CH2k8 style TV presentation needs to happen, I love the online record/hall of fame idea, and in game saves love them. I get more games finished in baseball and basketball than football due to this feature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
TheTodd84 hit it on the nose because real physics fix a lot of problems gamers been crying about for years.
thanks jay jay. Do you have ps3? What is your gamertag? I will share the demo w/ you...
Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Can't we just take all these ideas, and make the greatest sports game ever?
lmao! Yes! We need to raid the Tiburon offices in Orlando and just take over. lol.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I couldn't agree more.
how do you get those hands clapping on these messages? Do I need to go to the actual forums and choose? Because I usually just write from the comment box on the main site.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1
I personally disagree with Caley Roark. While many sports gamers wish to have an experience in which they feel like they're on the field or court, I really wish to simulate a television broadcast, and any element that brings me closer to that is a plus for me. Even though there is no network partnership, the camera angle and commentary style of NBA 2k11 has made it my favorite sports game of all time. I rarely, if ever, play with teams other than the Celtics, and while I do hear similar quotes, I never feel like the presentation is a drag, even playing it 4+ times a week since its release. If a game can make a person in the room who is not playing the game feel as if they are watching a live broadcast, I feel that the developer has done their job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 7
ESPN ESPNU CBS ABC IN ALL CLOTHES MOVE INCLUDING HAIR

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »