Home

Christmas/Holidays 2012

This is a discussion on Christmas/Holidays 2012 within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #25
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Christmas/Holidays 2012

3 weeks to go! Really looking forward to Christmas this year. I've mentioned this on here previously that my 5 year old son (6 in Feb) has mild autism. He has come on leaps and bounds in the last year and a half. He has really grasped the concept of Christmas this year. It is so overwhelming to see him excited over Santa, reindeer, snowman, snow, etc when in previously years we didn't even know if he would ever understand. In the last few nights we have watched The Grinch, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and some movie called The Flight Before Christmas (that one is pretty much on the tv every time I walk in the house, LOL!) Taking him to see Santa this week in the mall which will be awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
3 weeks to go! Really looking forward to Christmas this year. I've mentioned this on here previously that my 5 year old son (6 in Feb) has mild autism. He has come on leaps and bounds in the last year and a half. He has really grasped the concept of Christmas this year. It is so overwhelming to see him excited over Santa, reindeer, snowman, snow, etc when in previously years we didn't even know if he would ever understand. In the last few nights we have watched The Grinch, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and some movie called The Flight Before Christmas (that one is pretty much on the tv every time I walk in the house, LOL!) Taking him to see Santa this week in the mall which will be awesome!
That's beautiful. The Joy of Christmas through the eyes of children...it must be very fun. My wife and I don't have kids yet, but we spoil my nieces and nephew. They are 2, 4, and 6 so they are the perfect age. They are all excited, so you must love how excited your son is. It really good to hear that he is doing well.

On a side note, its nice to see soe familiar names in this thread from last years Christmas thread!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #27
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

I have this old advent calender I've had since I was like 6. It has little pockets for each day of the month and a little mouse that you move everyday. I've got my 2 year old girl moving the mouse every morning, she has to resist the urge to move it again and again but she's slowly getting the idea.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #28
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Any one else notice this new "Elf On The Shelf" craze? http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...?cookieCheck=1

I've seen countless people on Facebook buying this elf for their home. I guess you place him somewhere and tell your kids he is watching you and reporting back to Santa if you are good or bad. Then the next day you move him to a different room and a different room, etc. It's really a hot item around here.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #29
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Any one else notice this new "Elf On The Shelf" craze? http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...?cookieCheck=1

I've seen countless people on Facebook buying this elf for their home. I guess you place him somewhere and tell your kids he is watching you and reporting back to Santa if you are good or bad. Then the next day you move him to a different room and a different room, etc. It's really a hot item around here.
My future nieces have had this the past few years...you move the elf around the house and they love to look for him.

I think it's blowing up this year, but was fairly popular the past few years.

We put up our outdoor lights and tree this year over the weekend. I'll try and get a couple pics to put up. The outdoor lights came out well, but next year I definitely want to add more stuff, and maybe a more expensive item as well. Just didn't have the money budgeted with the new house, but it looks pretty good for not going insane the first year.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Not the best picture quality, but here's the den at my house..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (175.4 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (131.4 KB, 128 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #31
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
I like the lights around your fireplace! Very nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #32
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

My house and tree. Outside the big tree (with no lights) blocks the poll that we wrapped lights around, but that's pretty cool. I really need to add more lights next year, but it looks pretty good given my limitations.

Indoor tree was pretty easy.

tree.jpg

house.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »