Home

Christmas/Holidays 2012

This is a discussion on Christmas/Holidays 2012 within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21
Christmas/Holidays 2012

It's that time of year again. Figured we could post pics of lights/decorations, talk about what we are doing this year for the holidays, and if there are any gifts that we're especially looking forward to getting or giving.

I just put my lights up this weekend and for once I wasn't sweating while doing so, in years prior it's been warm and I've been putting lights up in shorts. So this year it actually felt like it should while putting the lights up. Got the tree up Sunday as well, haven't finished decorating it though. Still have some indoor decorations to put up as well. I'll try to get some pics of the lights up in the next few days.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Christmas/Holidays 2012

I went with my fiance yesterday to a tree farm and cut down our tree. This is the first time we've ever had a real tree and we plan to decorate it this Sunday. Right now it's out on the deck sitting in a bucket of water. We'll probably set it up this week and I'll make a spiral ham for Sunday to have before we fire up the Christmas music and decorate it.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

Man I miss having a real tree. Next year we'll finally have a real one again though. We usually travel for the holiday and don't want to leave a real tree for a week or so without water. Next year we're staying home so real tree it is.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

I've repeatedly been called "Humbug" because I won't be putting up decorations until the second week in December. I've got a lot going on the first weekend and I doubt I have the time to move all the furniture around and bring the decorations in.

I'll probably spend the holidays doing what I always do, spending quality time with family and watching a lot of darts.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I've been working with my dad and uncle, after I get off work. We spent three weeks doing the annual decorations on my uncle's three story house.

Their house is on the main stretch of highway connecting the city of Jasper to my hometown and people actually bring their kids around every year, just to look at the lights. It's done with taste and not tacky with a bunch of inflatables or anything. We even suspend a Santa, with a sleigh and reindeer a few hundred feet in the air.

They also have a pond in front of their house and we do some floating Christmas trees and a boat.

We even had to add signs on the road that say, "Caution, people stopping to see Santa Claus", because of some people griping.

They always pay my dad and me for helping to put them up and I actually enjoy it. The local paper also does a story on it once a year. They even asked me for a few words, a few years ago.. lol.

Last edited by AUChase; 11-26-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Not decorating this year... Just moved to Germany and will most likely be traveling to Finland over the holidays to meet relatives that I have never met.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

This year my girlfriend is getting a real tree for my apartment, i've never had a real one before, should be interesting...
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

We went the real tree route, when we were kids.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I see where they may give people a bigger impression of Christmas. We put some of that chemical in the water that helps preserve the life of the tree.

After New Years, we threw the tree out by the woods and three months later it was still alive and we had not even watered it any.

I think part of my dislike for them comes from working at Home Depot for three years. I worked in the garden center for a whole season and I'm tired of handling and cutting live Christmas tree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »