Home

Work From Home (WFH) Thread

This is a discussion on Work From Home (WFH) Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Work From Home (WFH) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
I'm a teacher teaching from home. it's significantly less work. It's going better than I expected as far as kids participating and doing the work. But its still nowhere near real school and I hate it.

Our governor said recently he expects us to go back in the fall but could be restrictions. There's lots of things being talked about. What ones actually get put into place and how is going to be very interesting.

But I badly want to go back
I am in the same boat but work with our special ed department and it has been murderous with the amount of extra paperwork. I am hoping we go back in the fall especially as positive case percentage keeps dropping for us. Plus I coach basketball and I am greatly missing it. Missing seeing all my students as teaching from home sucks lol
Old 05-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNorfolkMM
I am in the same boat but work with our special ed department and it has been murderous with the amount of extra paperwork. I am hoping we go back in the fall especially as positive case percentage keeps dropping for us. Plus I coach basketball and I am greatly missing it. Missing seeing all my students as teaching from home sucks lol
This was the first spring that I didn't coach baseball in 10 years. I've been going out to the field to take care of it a couple times per week but I miss it like crazy. I'm hoping the likely loss of fall sports doesn't effect next spring.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 05-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
This was the first spring that I didn't coach baseball in 10 years. I've been going out to the field to take care of it a couple times per week but I miss it like crazy. I'm hoping the likely loss of fall sports doesn't effect next spring.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
I didn't realize schools were already talking about nixing fall sports. It's not even June(!!!).

Definitely think sports should be back by next spring. Would be really surprising if they weren't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #12
All Star

Anyone headed back into the office, now that things seem to be opening up?

Reeling people back in after extended time away seems like it's going to be the next challenge (for those that are even planning a return this year).
Old 06-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I was never full-on WFH but I do 1-2 days in the office and 3-4 days from home each week. At first, after a couple days WFH I was longing for my office days. Now though, I'd rather do WFH all week. Just something about getting up before everyone else, hitting the treadmill, taking a breather, maybe making breakfast for my son, and just working with all of the welcome distractions of being at home. It's weird, I know.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #14
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I was never full-on WFH but I do 1-2 days in the office and 3-4 days from home each week. At first, after a couple days WFH I was longing for my office days. Now though, I'd rather do WFH all week. Just something about getting up before everyone else, hitting the treadmill, taking a breather, maybe making breakfast for my son, and just working with all of the welcome distractions of being at home. It's weird, I know.
I don't think it's weird at all. I'd say the vast majority of people, if given the option, would continue working from home forever. I think it's gonna be difficult to reel people back in to the office at this point (for those companies that choose to do so).
Old 06-11-2020, 10:47 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 8

We were given notice a couple weeks ago that we might not be returning to the office at all this year, and on a separate town hall some things were said which could which implied that even when things are back to normal they won't really be "normal". I'm expecting that even when things are back to normal that we will have a sizable number of employees working remotely.

I love working from home, sleeping in a bit later, not spending an hour or more of my day in traffic to go 7 miles each way, and keeping miles off my car. I do miss being in the office occasionally though. It's harder to stay connected with people through Teams, and I do miss being able to walk to the next office to walk someone through a problem. I'm hoping that when things return to normal that we just have an overall shift in corporate culture. There are advantages to being in an office environment, but it doesn't need to be every day. It doesn't need to be a standard 40 hours a week either for that matter, but I guess that's a separate discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2020, 06:21 PM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
We were given notice a couple weeks ago that we might not be returning to the office at all this year, and on a separate town hall some things were said which could which implied that even when things are back to normal they won't really be "normal". I'm expecting that even when things are back to normal that we will have a sizable number of employees working remotely.

I love working from home, sleeping in a bit later, not spending an hour or more of my day in traffic to go 7 miles each way, and keeping miles off my car. I do miss being in the office occasionally though. It's harder to stay connected with people through Teams, and I do miss being able to walk to the next office to walk someone through a problem. I'm hoping that when things return to normal that we just have an overall shift in corporate culture. There are advantages to being in an office environment, but it doesn't need to be every day. It doesn't need to be a standard 40 hours a week either for that matter, but I guess that's a separate discussion.
I definitely think this will be the case at most workplaces that don't require people on-site by virtue of the nature of the job. I also think people would voluntarily come into the office a few days a week if given the option, precisely for the reasons you mentioned.

There will be other "hidden" pressures to get back in the office at some point, though. Promotions, for example - it's harder to justify promotions for people that are not particularly "visible" or that people don't particularly know. I'm not saying that's right or justifying that way of thinking, but my experience is definitely that 'out of sight, out of mind' is a factor when it comes to upward mobility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »