Home

Why I have to get NBA Elite 11

This is a discussion on Why I have to get NBA Elite 11 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Why I have to get NBA Elite 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Why try to kill people's excitement for the game? If you don't like it, so be it. But why ridicule someone who may like it; telling them they don't understand what the game is offering?

Control is not a hard concept to grasp. If you're having a difficult time getting your head around the word "control" I'd be willing to give some examples to illustrate its meaning and practicality in video games.
That's what I don't get about some of these guys...if these guys know their game is so good and this game is so bad, why take the time to bash them? They should be happy that they love their game so much and move on...a lot of the comments remind me of a kid who acts real cool and tough but inside has no self-confidence and has to bring everyone down with him...
Old 09-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 14

The fact you have to bash the other game to make your point is ridiculous. From what I've seen Elite is vastly different from Live 10, yet you state nothing to that fact at all. Were you allowed to dive for balls in Live 10? I'm not here to bash on any game or start a flame war but it seems pretty convient that posters like you continue to bash the other game yet leave the flaws(if there are any) of Live 10 out of any discussion. There must be a reason they attempting to go in a different direction from previous games. The truth is this both games will continue to have its flaws no matter what, its just to you to figure out which flaws seem less "game-breaking" to you. And by the way there are plenty of fans of EA that believe Live 10 what a huge step in the right direction and the current direction, while good in theory, its implemention has taken the series backwards. So don't believe its just EA "user control" vs. 2K "lack of contol". But good luck because the decision is yours and yours alone.

Last edited by convince; 09-04-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #19
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I honestly wish I could visit an alternate reality after being in this one so that I could see what would be said if this year we were getting 2K11 vs Live 11 and this whole "total control" thing wasn't being thrown around as a yearly hype tool. Obviously 2K10's controls weren't exactly easy, but to all of a sudden act like you just couldn't do anything in that game and Elite is going to be this amazing game based off this is getting a little ridiculous now.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #20
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon5 Re: Why I have to get NBA Elite 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
sad thing is fanyboyism is clouding you guys judgement. 2K giving players control this year as well and even gives ability to break out of any animation in the game while EA will give you the control of NBA live 95

even this game has the same movement as nba elite, just remember kiddies if you take the game back to the store you will only get half price for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXy81...eature=related
Is it really necessary that all "discussions" must come to this on this forum?
Are you afraid of something?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Why try to kill people's excitement for the game? If you don't like it, so be it. But why ridicule someone who may like it; telling them they don't understand what the game is offering?
word, its only ok when the OP does it b\c hes talking about Elite...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmactic
If for $60 dollars I get to play a BBall game the is really about skills and total control I will take it. I have played BBall video games all my life so I have seen it all trust me. Up until this point it has always been hit the right button at the right time and see what happens. Play with the better team hit the button and get more bang for your buck. I played my brother tonight in a game of 2k10 with the 2k11 rosters. I really noticed how much I had no control of what was going on after I hit the button. My brother was playing with the Celtics and there was a play where I missed a shot and after the shot the ball is loose and going out of bounds. One of his players which he is not controlling dives and save the ball passing it to one of his team mates...C'mon son!!! I was thinking one of my players had zero chance to get that wild pass thrown back into play by a diving cpu player in a two player match. Wack!!! I say let me be in control of that player who makes that diving pass to keep the ball in play and let every player on the court have a true chance to control that pass through court position. I know there is alot of hate out there right now for Elite. We have been waiting to see the goods and after the videos we did not see that flash that rules in 2k. It's that same flash that you really don't have any control over but looks great. I downloaded the NHL 11 demo tonight and the stick controls felt great and the graphics were awsome. I don't even play hockey games. I think EA is on to something that may put them far ahead of the comp and maybe even run the comp out of town in time. EA is a monster who has been running this sports video game thing all my life. I would not bet against them to take it to the next level. If NBA Elite is trash I will be the first one to tell you but I think they are about to shake things up with this one.
In regards to their basketball series this is interesting. They haven't really done squat in 5-6 years, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'll try the demo, but I'm not about wasting money. If it's not worth $60, I won't be getting it. But that's just me.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
In regards to their basketball series this is interesting. They haven't really done squat in 5-6 years, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'll try the demo, but I'm not about wasting money. If it's not worth $60, I won't be getting it. But that's just me.

LIke wise an i'm a 2k fanboy last live game i got i think was 2004..2k has always been the better product to me because of there quality and gameplay that i consider on another level than live. LIke a dive out of bounds to save a ball...the guy dived for teh ball and pased it back in toward the direction of his team in relative to where he might be..guys do that all the time in real life they just don't dive and throw the ball anywhere...me myself as a bballer i do that al the time..i pass it back in to where i last figured my teammate was neverthless Ea hasn't ruled teh sports genre recently so you might be wrong there other than that. There shooting mechanism is ahead of its time..and this era ain't ready for..i doubt they'll run there competition out of town if anything..the'll probably scrap there basketball series all together seeing as nba 2k sells double the live sells every yea......check npd worldwide
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #24
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
word, its only ok when the OP does it b\c hes talking about Elite...
Umm... Where in his entire post did he ridicule someone for being excited about 2K11?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »