Home

Why I have to get NBA Elite 11

This is a discussion on Why I have to get NBA Elite 11 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Why I have to get NBA Elite 11

If for $60 dollars I get to play a BBall game the is really about skills and total control I will take it. I have played BBall video games all my life so I have seen it all trust me. Up until this point it has always been hit the right button at the right time and see what happens. Play with the better team hit the button and get more bang for your buck. I played my brother tonight in a game of 2k10 with the 2k11 rosters. I really noticed how much I had no control of what was going on after I hit the button. My brother was playing with the Celtics and there was a play where I missed a shot and after the shot the ball is loose and going out of bounds. One of his players which he is not controlling dives and save the ball passing it to one of his team mates...C'mon son!!! I was thinking one of my players had zero chance to get that wild pass thrown back into play by a diving cpu player in a two player match. Wack!!! I say let me be in control of that player who makes that diving pass to keep the ball in play and let every player on the court have a true chance to control that pass through court position. I know there is alot of hate out there right now for Elite. We have been waiting to see the goods and after the videos we did not see that flash that rules in 2k. It's that same flash that you really don't have any control over but looks great. I downloaded the NHL 11 demo tonight and the stick controls felt great and the graphics were awsome. I don't even play hockey games. I think EA is on to something that may put them far ahead of the comp and maybe even run the comp out of town in time. EA is a monster who has been running this sports video game thing all my life. I would not bet against them to take it to the next level. If NBA Elite is trash I will be the first one to tell you but I think they are about to shake things up with this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why I have to get NBA Elite 11

I feel very much like you do.
Hell, I buy all sports games on the market so why donīt buy this one!
But I will try the demo anyway.

What really keeps me interested is the shooting.
If the skill based shooting is well designed it will be a game maker for me.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

You guys eat up and regurgitate buzz words, without understanding them. point blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 09-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #4
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

the other game is not an option for me, so if the demo is not good, this will be the first time in 15 years without a bball game.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:05 AM   #5
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmactic
If for $60 dollars I get to play a BBall game the is really about skills and total control I will take it. I have played BBall video games all my life so I have seen it all trust me. Up until this point it has always been hit the right button at the right time and see what happens. Play with the better team hit the button and get more bang for your buck. I played my brother tonight in a game of 2k10 with the 2k11 rosters. I really noticed how much I had no control of what was going on after I hit the button. My brother was playing with the Celtics and there was a play where I missed a shot and after the shot the ball is loose and going out of bounds. One of his players which he is not controlling dives and save the ball passing it to one of his team mates...C'mon son!!! I was thinking one of my players had zero chance to get that wild pass thrown back into play by a diving cpu player in a two player match. Wack!!! I say let me be in control of that player who makes that diving pass to keep the ball in play and let every player on the court have a true chance to control that pass through court position. I know there is alot of hate out there right now for Elite. We have been waiting to see the goods and after the videos we did not see that flash that rules in 2k. It's that same flash that you really don't have any control over but looks great. I downloaded the NHL 11 demo tonight and the stick controls felt great and the graphics were awsome. I don't even play hockey games. I think EA is on to something that may put them far ahead of the comp and maybe even run the comp out of town in time. EA is a monster who has been running this sports video game thing all my life. I would not bet against them to take it to the next level. If NBA Elite is trash I will be the first one to tell you but I think they are about to shake things up with this one.
i got a car that doesnt run would you be interested in purchasing it? I'll give it to you for $1000...Ill even include a copy of NBA Elite in the glove compartment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Hey bud, I like this post alot, I really do, all we have seen so far is videos, and those ones are not even that good, short and with horrible camera view, I think there are just 5-6 things I dislike about the game last year, I am not really picky about EVERYTHING, I just want to have fun, those werid movements by the players in ELITE, I am cool with it honestly, as long as the gameplay is FUN, and having lots of controls in my hand will create lots of FUN I suppose right? I just played 2k10 using Bulls and many of the crossover moves by Rose or passes made by him are out of my hands man, what I mean is I didn't mean to do that move and the computer does everything for me and somehow I went from the freethrow line to underneath basket without knowing what happened because I DIDNT' CONTROL WHAT HE JUST DID, yea I did score a layup but it didn't feel right, I felt like the GAME PLAYED FOR ME IN THOSE FEW SECONDS! So yea I am with you bud, lets see WHAT ELITE11 IS ALL ABOUTTTT!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #7
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
You guys eat up and regurgitate buzz words, without understanding them. point blank.
Why try to kill people's excitement for the game? If you don't like it, so be it. But why ridicule someone who may like it; telling them they don't understand what the game is offering?

Control is not a hard concept to grasp. If you're having a difficult time getting your head around the word "control" I'd be willing to give some examples to illustrate its meaning and practicality in video games.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
The thing is you won't be able to dive for loose balls in Elite 11. I applaud you guys for sticking to the game despite all those fundamental things wrong in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »