Home

college hoops 2k8 vs. ncaa basketball 10

This is a discussion on college hoops 2k8 vs. ncaa basketball 10 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: college hoops 2k8 vs. ncaa basketball 10
college hoops 2k8 44 86.27%
ncaa basketball 10 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
college hoops 2k8 vs. ncaa basketball 10

want to know which game i should buy thanks in advance .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: college hoops 2k8 vs. ncaa basketball 10

I actually thought both games were pretty good. But go with 2k8, Deep Legacy, Graphics aren't too shabby for it's time. Gameplay is exceptional.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I haven't actually played NCAA 10, so I can't say for sure. However, if you want to run a dynasty/legacy, then go with College Hoops 2K8. There's really no argument.

If you just want to pick it up and play some "Play Now" games and such, I don't really know. NCAA 10 might have better gameplay, but I can't say for sure. I've only played the demo and that's been years ago now.

I recall the players in the NCAA 10 demo being very stiff and not fluid at all, which has seemed to be a problem for EA basketball games for ever since I can remember. I remember purchasing NCAA March Madness 2005 after previously owning ESPN College Hoops 2K4 and was absolutely disgusted by what I saw. ESPN CH 2K4 was so fluid (not so much now, but it was then!) while March Madness was just full of stiffness and the game just seemed "fake".
Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd go with 2k8 people are still making updated rosters and I haven't seen anyone updating NCAA 10
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Definately CH2K8. As an owner of both College Hoops is far better than march madness. Especially if you're looking to play a dynasty (legacy).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #6
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

A fair comparison is hard to be made here because CH 2k8 was made two years prior.

graphically NCAA BB 10
playbooks and team controls NCAA BB 10
crowd, commentary, presentation NCAA BB 10

Dynasty Mode - both different

Legacy Mode in CH 2k8 is much better
Regular Season Mode comparison = Tie (They both have ups and downs) But I will say 2k8's ability to completely edit the schedule is a nice touch and also the high school game scouting feature is nice.

Online - NCAA BB 10

File Sharing - CH 2k8
Edit Player - CH 2k8
Shoes, Accessories and more - NCAA BB 10 (They have real stuff)

Just have to find out what's more important to you.

Controls - NCAA Basketball 10
CPU A.I. - NCAA Basketball 10 with sliders

CH 2k8 A.I. just seems outdated, guess because I've played them so much since the first one. It's finally grown old on me.

These are my opinions on the two, I hope this helps you.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I would say get both and decide. NCAA 10 is about $30 and CH2k8 is about $5 at Game Stop. If you have never played CH2k8, but have played NBA2k11-12...it might be hard for you to get into it.

I would say CH2k8 can provide a better "sim" experience through all the rosters and slider sets available with everyone doing a lot of work.

NCAA 10 just looks better. The stadiums, players, movements all look more modern, because...well they are. The CH2k8 graphics aren't bad at all...and the arenas do look pretty darn good...but not close to NBA2k11-12 standards. NCAA 10 has updated courts and the authentic NCAA Tournament Courts, which adds a nice touch come tourney time. Also NCAA 10 has both CBS and ESPN presentations depending on what game you are playing, including 2 different broadcast teams.

NCAA 10's controls are going to be very similar to NBA213's control scheme this year, but less advanced I am assuming. Plus the court spacing and offensive movement in NCAA 10 was really something special. It seemed like moving the ball around really gave you an advantage and NEEDED to be done.

I currently own CH2k8 and am always reluctant to take it off the shelf because it is so old and I am so used to it. I definitely plan on getting NCAA Basketball 10 sometime within the next few weeks and give it a run again for something different.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

hello..........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »