Home

Madden 11 vs Espn NFL2K5 which is better?

This is a discussion on Madden 11 vs Espn NFL2K5 which is better? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden 11 vs Espn NFL2K5 which is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Madden, however, still uses the generic "he's back to pass", "He's trying to turn the corner", "he's going thru his progressions", etc.
Uhh what??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Uhh what??
Sometimes. I've heard the commentary in various vids. Yeah, madden says names sometimes, but not all the time like 2k does.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

Boy after seeing those two games side by side. Madden 11 all the way and it is not even close. The animation and graphics alone blow 2k5 out of the water. And even the game play look better to me. I agree with you BK after playing madden 11 I could not go back to 2k5. I will now put my 2k5 game away or trade it in. It was a good run and a fun game, but Madden11 is just so much better in my opinion. I guess I would compare it to a game on the sega genesis vs Sega console.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Boy after seeing those two games side by side. Madden 11 all the way and it is not even close. The animation and graphics alone blow 2k5 out of the water. And even the game play look better to me. I agree with you BK after playing madden 11 I could not go back to 2k5. I will now put my 2k5 game away or trade it in. It was a good run and a fun game, but Madden11 is just so much better in my opinion. I guess I would compare it to a game on the sega genesis vs Sega console.
You lost me at better animations
Old 08-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
The animation is better in Madden. I mean back in the day NFL2K5 was the best, but it is not even close now with Madden 11. Maybe not all the times, but 2k had it WTF moment too. I think on the whole Madden's animations are better.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
I know the EA crew have said they played 2k5 and got some ideas. Since I don't have 11, I'll compare 10....

Graphics: Madden. 2k5 was great for its time, but nowadays it's all about 1080p resolution. Although 2k has the ability to be played in 1080p, it's still not as sharp, for some reason. Also, the player models in 2k were good, but in Madden, they're even better...

Gameplay: 2k. Players actually block for you, and not just run in circles. Also, the pocket really looks like a pocket in 2k, and when you play qb, the foot planting is much more realistic. If you even try to back up 20 yards and throw a long pass in 2k, chances are it won't even get close to where you want it to be. Also, tackles/wrapups look more solid in 2k.

Presentation: 2k. Not even close. As was mentioned, Ian stated they played 2k to get ideas. Wellllllll..........besides similar cutscenes (players on bikes, fans tailgating, celebrations after big plays) those ideas weren't implemented well. The Extra Point felt like an unfinished Beta project, while the commentary.......well let's just say, the voice actors for 2k are still head and shoulders above anything Madden has ever done. Jokes, banter, excitement, etc.it's all there.

Not to mention, 2k still looks like a real broadcast after all these years. Other scores, starting lineups, player stats, ESPN Skycam, halftime highlights, Boomer's Halftime Heroes, are you kidding me!!?? What more (presentation-wise) could you possibly ask for!?

Overall, if you want to play in the new stadiums like Dallas, New York, etc., and want true next-gen graphics,then Madden's the choice. If you just want a realistic playing football game, 2k gets the nod.

Would you believe I was playing 2k5 the other day..my wife walks in the room during one of those awesome closeups of my QB walking to the line.....and says "who's that playing?" She then saw the controller in my hand and walked away like "oops, nevermind". Seriously......
I think the blocking in Madden is better. The only thing that madden really needs to work on is the defense. If they can make the defense more able to stop the offense (in a patch hopefully). I think madden 11 will finally put 2k5 to rest. Again this is all opinion.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Sometimes. I've heard the commentary in various vids. Yeah, madden says names sometimes, but not all the time like 2k does.
That's not really the way you made it sound. You made it sound as if Madden never does. Not sure why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Purely subjective, and again, I love 2k5 favorite game of all time, but Madden's animations at least imo, are starting make 2k's look their age.

2k5 was truly ahead of it's time, but I swear, people are making it out to be somthing it wasn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »