Home

10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ

This is a discussion on 10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: 10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousPanther
I agree with you. ESPN NFL 2K5 is an good football video game. But, it isn't the greatest game of all time (overrated). I'll take NFL 2K or 2K1 over ESPN NFL 2K5 anyday of the week. Does Madden has flaws? Oh yeah! But, so does 2K football games & people in the football gaming community don't want to hear it. I wouldn't mind if there was an competition in all football video games.
I'm not saying 2k5 was the greatest game ever, and it certainly had its flaws (like only DE, OT, QB and RB could be drafted by cpu in the first round), but it is remarkable that the play and feel of 2k5 remains better than anything EA put out in the 10 years since. Players really play to their ratings. Defense is actually fun to play (no OL suction blocking). I still enjoyed playing 2k5 more than any football game since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I'm not saying 2k5 was the greatest game ever, and it certainly had its flaws (like only DE, OT, QB and RB could be drafted by cpu in the first round), but it is remarkable that the play and feel of 2k5 remains better than anything EA put out in the 10 years since. Players really play to their ratings. Defense is actually fun to play (no OL suction blocking). I still enjoyed playing 2k5 more than any football game since.
That's cool. But, I feel that ESPN NFL 2K5 didn't improve all that much. When I played it more than several years ago, suction blocking & tackling were there (just like Madden football series). Did it really happen where cpu can draft DE, OT, RB & QB in the first round?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
....& people in the football gaming community don't want to hear it.
Not true. The years following the end of that title when we were probably at our highest volume around here in regards to modding and discussing all of the plausible upgrades and fixes, there was plenty of discussion about the flaws of the game. I mean, after all, that's WHY we tried to implement the best possible upgrades and fixes within our reach. And if there had been a PC version, the possibilities would have been endless.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Not true. The years following the end of that title when we were probably at our highest volume around here in regards to modding and discussing all of the plausible upgrades and fixes, there was plenty of discussion about the flaws of the game. I mean, after all, that's WHY we tried to implement the best possible upgrades and fixes within our reach. And if there had been a PC version, the possibilities would have been endless.
I'm sure that people here at operation sports website community are reasonable & don't have that elitist mentality like other gaming websites (YouTube & GameSpot). If anybody brings up couple of flaws in 2K football games, that person/username will get pick to pieces (I've see it for myself)!

Last edited by MysteriousPanther; 09-30-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
That's cool. But, I feel that ESPN NFL 2K5 didn't improve all that much. When I played it more than several years ago, suction blocking & tackling were there (just like Madden football series). Did it really happen where cpu can draft DE, OT, RB & QB in the first round?
I can't say 2k5 was an improvement over 2k4 (I think I had skipped 2k for a couple versions). As to the suction blocking, with a created DE (very highly rated), I can get pressure easily, as a highly rated player should (even though I lack good stick skills). In Madden, even editing my player to high ratings doesn't help (I just feel like you need the stick skills for Madden much more than the ratings matter).

Yeah, a lot of the draft process in 2k5 was done great, but there were certainly huge flaws. First, the mock draft was always (ALWAYS) exactly correct. So, if there was a guy you wanted, you knew exactly how high you had to get in the draft to get him. And, yeah, no matter how good a WR, CB, DT, etc, the cpu only drafted one of those four positions (QB, RB, OT or DE) in the first round.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

nfl 2k series were not free of flaws but they at least get me excited as opposed to madden series
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

im having a strange glitch with my 2k franchise where I cannot play replays. Fast forward, play, nothing works. Everything else such as zoom in, zoom out, and rewind words. Is there any way to fix this? Is it a disc problem? 2k football repelays are the best part
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

Madden 07 ps2 is better because of the graphics. You also can run without pulling down passing icons, and just hitting x.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »