Home

Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

This is a discussion on Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #25
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

Eastern Conference Table - May 23, 2012
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Chicago Fire1071222
Sporting KC1154219
DC United1454519
Columbus Crew1052317
Toronto FC951316
New York Red Bulls1244416
Montreal Impact1234513
Houston Dynamo1033412
Philadelphia Union102268
New England Revolution111467

Comments:
The higher difficulty is working wonders. As you can see I am still converting goals, but my chances are fewer and it is harder to get a clean shot. I have played with the sliders a bit to give the computer more chances as well so games are now tighter.

As far as the story goes, I will be adding some more elements to go along with that as well. I wanted to do more with the Santos rivalry between strikers etc., but it will take a backseat to the main narrative. The "blog" will be around to update news with Alvin, but I also plan on putting more "news" in there as well, especially when I finally get to the transfer market.

Thanks for reading. I'll update as I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #26
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

May 23, 2012 - FC Dallas vs Chicago Fire
TEAM12SCORE
FC Dallas (2-6-5)011
Chicago Fire (7-1-2)000
Team Stats Comparison
FC DallasChicago Fire
1Goals0
4Shots3
3Shots on Target0
7Tackles5
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
75%Shot Accuracy0%
87%Passing Percentage84%

Summary:
A lowly FC Dallas team came into Chicago looking for a spark. With an important match against the Crew coming up, Klopas decided to rest most of his starters for the match. His plan backfired horribly. FC Dallas controlled the ball for 62% of the game. The key for them was a run up the right side by Jackson that was crossed and easily put in the back of the net by Marcelin in the 48'. GK Johnson for the Fire looked rusty, as he hadn't had a start all year. Hopefully, for the Fire's sake, this loss doesn't hurt their hold on first when they face the Crew next week.

Notable Allen statistics:
6.1 Rating
1 shot off target
Terrible game with little time of possession
Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #27
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

May 23, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs Columbus Crew
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (7-1-3)000
Columbus Crew (5-2-3)011
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FireColumbus Crew
0Goals1
3Shots2
0Shots on Target1
6Tackles6
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
0%Shot Accuracy50%
91%Passing Percentage86%

Summary:
The Chicago Fire traveled to Columbus Crew Stadium to meet the rival in the MLS Game of the Week. Two evenly matched teams took to the pitch and the 20,000 Crew faithful were not disappointed. The game got off to a gritty start, as both teams fought over possession in the midfield. A sloppy turnover by Allen gave the Crew their first chance, but O'Rourke put the ball just wide of the post. As the second half began, both teams realized that the game may come down to converting one of the few chances that could be had. The Fire failed to convert on a corner when Rolfe put a header off the crossbar late in the game. When the Crew had their chance, however, they would not disappoint. Late in the 82', O'Rourke gave a give and go to Meram that caught the back line sleeping. Meram put up the cross off the give and O'Rourke put in the diving header to take the lead. The game would end with Columbus knocking off the top seeded Fire, 1-0.

6.2 Rating
2 shots, both off target
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #28
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Jun 1, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs New England
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (7-1-4)112
New England (1-4-7)011
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FireNew England
2Goals1
7Shots2
3Shots on Target1
3Tackles4
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
1Injuries0
43%Shot Accuracy50%
88%Passing Percentage83%

Summary:
The Fire needed to see a team like the Revolution. This New England team had only won one game all year and were floundering at the bottom of the table. The Fire took advantage immediately, and Allen broke out of his slump with authority in the 20' when he smashed a goal home from just inside the box after dribbling between two defenders. Allen would not be finished, because in the 54' he scored again on a brilliant set up on the give and go with Alex. Late in the match, NE tried to put together a comeback when Toja sent a cross to Cisse that found its way to the back of the net in the 84'. But this was all Chicago, as they closed out the game in NE territory with a bit of olé. The Chicago Fire end their slide in style, 2-1.

8.4 Rating
Goals: 20', 54'
3 shots, 2 on target
Man of the Match
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #29
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

League Leaders
by Dave Seville

Soccer Leaders - Updated: Jun 1, 2012
Top ScorersAssists
1. Allen - Chicago Fire111. Convey - Sporting KC7
2. Sabario - Real Salt Lake92. Allen - Chicago Fire4
3. Convey - Sporting KC83. Pardo - Chicago Fire4
4. Wandolowski - San Jose84. Zakuani - Seattle Sounders4
5. Keane - LA Galaxy75. Sapong - Sporting KC4

Once again we are talking about the sensational Alvin Allen. This youngster is taking the MLS by storm. Can the kid win the golden boot? Only time will tell, but we do have one thing to tell you. The press is abuzz with news that Allen is rumored to have interest from a number of top European clubs. Only the Fire know what they will do with the talented striker, but a prospect of his caliber should demand a pretty penny.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #30
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

A couple months had gone by since my meeting with Theo Williams. My team was sitting in first place and I was on the lips of everyone in US soccer circles, but deep down I was miserable. If I could go back to those moments in 2012, I would’ve told someone, but I had no outlet. I carried that burden alone.

I began to have regular involvement in Theo’s operations. I wasn’t overseas yet, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to use me. I began running “errands” for him within each of the cities we traveled. What I did most often was move money. I would arrive in a city and then head to the address my contact had given me. I would arrive and usually somebody who looked like they were in charge would hand me an envelope. I would verify the amount and slip into a false pocket in my luggage. We would fly to the next city and would then drop it off, and start the cycle all over again. Every so often they would give me some news, such as a rival was dead or business was good, and it was always given in code.

I never spoke to Theo directly, however. My go between was always a contact. I would get text messages to drop the money in different locations, such as a warehouse or under a mailbox. This time, I was asked to head to the laundromat that wasn’t to far from my condo. I put the envelope in the busted washing machine on the end and left. I don't know what came over me, but I went back to my car and drove around the block and found a good place to wait out of the sight of the laudromat front door.

What was I doing? I'm not a police officer, yet here I was doing a stakeout to see what was going to happen to the money. Many people came and went that day. I was just about to give up, when I saw a person in a gray hoodie and baggy sweat pants stuffing the envelope under his arm. He was on foot, walking back down the street. I left the car and discreetly followed. The person entered a huge apartment complex. I watched as they climbed the stairs and followed once they reached their floor. Slowly I crept along and followed them down the hall. I didn’t know what I was doing, but I figured I had to finish what I started. The person went into an apartment. I waited to make sure no one came out and pressed my ear to the door to listen. Suddenly, the door opened and I was grabbed and thrown to the floor inside the apartment. The door shut behind me. Dazed, I tried to get up but was pushed back to the floor with a kick to the face. I looked up from my back and realized I was looking at one of the most beautiful women I has ever seen. As my eyes traveled downward however, the beautiful woman was pointing a gun at my face.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #31
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

For anyone who follows, just a quick FYI I have done some more games and will have write ups on them soon. I was just so caught up in my manager mode that I haven't been as focused on the pro mode. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #32
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

I woke up on the floor, handcuffed rather crudely to the radiator on the wall. The woman sat on a worn coach, watching me curiously. As I looked around the room I noticed that the gun was sitting on a coffee table in front of my host. It sat directly next to the envelope with the money inside. The apartment was old, with worn wallpaper and peeling paint on the ceiling. It was quite a contrast from the young woman in front of me. She was beautiful. She was probably in her late 20’s with cinnamon skin and dark brown hair that fell to her shoulders. She soon spoke.

“Well you’re obviously not here to kill me, because you fainted at the sight of my gun in your face,” she mused.
“You’re obviously not the man I’m supposed to meet, because you are way too young.”
“I’m not that young!” I snapped back like a petulant child. She smirked.
“Who are you kid and what are you doing here?”
“I uh…” I stammered, “I just wanted to know where the money was going. You see, my name is Alvin and I…”
“Alvin, eh?” She interrupted. The lady perked up at the name and looked thoughtful. “Call me Quinn.”
Soon there was a knock at the door. She cursed under her breath and came over to take my handcuffs off.
“Alvin, you’re about to find out what happens to that money. Go sit over there and don’t say anything.
Quinn opened the door. Two men were soon entering the apartment. One was scrawny guy about my height and build, with slick greasy hair and a tattoo down his cheek. The other was a big, muscular gentleman whose head almost hit the ceiling of the small apartment.
“Who’s that?” the big guy boomed as he pointed at me. I think my heart stopped.
“Easy, Frank, don’t worry about him. Where’s my stuff?”
“Right here,” said the smaller guy. He put a duffle bag on the table. “Top quality.”
“What’s that?” I squeaked. They all glared at me.
“Is this guy for real?” boomed Frank. “Who is he?”
“He’s with me,” said Quinn. “Now you want to finish this or not?”
She handed them the envelope with the cash. They looked counted it and left without saying a word. I was still frozen to my seat as she took the bag and put its contents under a false floor board in the kitchen. She soon came back.
“Hey kid, snap out of it, lets go.”

She walked me back from her apartment to the laundromat.
“Alvin,” she said as she put her hand on my shoulder, “this isn’t smoothing a kid like you should be involved in. If you aren’t useful, Theo will kill you.
I stood in silence as I watched her walk away. It soon dawned on me that she knew who I was as soon as I said my name. No one had known who I was in any of the meetings I had been to before. Did that mean I was starting to be recognized, or did Quinn know more about my situation?
“Hey, wait!” I yelled.
I watched as she turned the corner as she walked down the block. I ran after her down the block, but she was gone.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 05:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »