Home

Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

This is a discussion on Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

Jun 17, 2012 - New York Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire
TEAM12SCORE
New York Red Bulls (4-5-4)022
Chicago Fire (8-1-4)101
Team Stats Comparison
New York Red BullsChicago Fire
2Goals1
8Shots6
7Shots on Target1
6Tackles5
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
1Injuries0
87%Shot Accuracy16%
81%Passing Percentage90%

Summary:
The game started fast for the Fire as Alex put a shot into that back of the net off of a through pass from Allen on an early build up around the box. Unfortunately for the Fire, that was the last time they had a shot on target. After pressing the action towards the end of the half, the Red Bulls came out after halftime capitalizing on the tired back line. Holgersson put a header in off of a corner in the 68'. Soon after in the 72', a bad cross from Holgersson had the Fire keeper Johnson running off of the back line to try to get the ball, but Henry got their first and headed the ball into the back of the net. The Fire would not mount another attack as the Red Bulls would win the game easily. The marks the Fire's 4th loss in the last 5 games.

Notable Allen statistics:
7.3 Rating
1 shot off target
1 assist
Team has lost 4 of last 5
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

What happened to the Fire?
by Dave Seville

The Fire have finally fallen back to earth. Their star player, Alvin Allen, has begun to play like a rookie again. We have learned from our sources that the Fire will look to put Allen out on loan this season and will be in the market for a veteran striker to take his place.

In my opinion, it doesn't make much sense for Klopas to do this. Allen still is the league's scoring leader and looks to have a bright future here in the States. I believe the real problem is the absence of CF Rolfe and GK Tornagli. The new keeper Johnson is very young, but also extremely raw. He has made some questionable decisions since he's been but on the team sheet. Also, selection of Alex over Rolfe is equally confusing. Rolfe and Allen seemed to have had developed a chemistry, but now he seems to be struggling to figure out where Alex is going.

Either way, soon the transfer market will begin and we will see what the future holds for this Fire team. Will it be a "fire sale" or will they stand pat and try to win the East. Stay tuned.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #35
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Jun 23, 2012 - Columbus Crew vs Chicago Fire
TEAM12SCORE
Columbus Crew (6-3-4)000
Chicago Fire (8-1-5)000
Team Stats Comparison
Columbus CrewChicago Fire
0Goals0
8Shots3
4Shots on Target1
11Tackles5
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
50%Shot Accuracy33%
91%Passing Percentage90%

Summary:
Once again the Crew and Fire would face off and once again it would be a messy game. The midfield controlled most of the game as shots were hard to find by both teams. Neither keeper was really tested, even though the Crew had more shots on net. The game would end in a draw, and the Fire would once again find themselves without a win, even after decent performance from their side.

5.8 Rating
2 shots, 1 on target
Terrible game overall. Very little impact on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Jun 29, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs Sporting KC
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (8-2-5)000
Sporting KC (8-4-3)033
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FireSporting KC
0Goals3
2Shots6
1Shots on Target4
8Tackles6
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
50%Shot Accuracy66%
87%Passing Percentage87%

Summary:
Domination. That was the only world that could be used to describe what transpired as first place Sporting KC played host to the reeling Chicago Fire. The Fire played defense all afternoon, as Sporting held possession for a staggering 69% of the game. Klopas' defensive shell worked in the first half, preventing Zusi from getting a couple of clean looks on deflections, but as the second half wore on, the Fire began to crack. In the 62', Sapong sent a lobbed through ball into the middle of the Fire line that Zusi finished on a volley. Soon after on another build up in the 66', Berry tackled Zusi in the box. The PK was put away easily. The Fire couldn't stop the bleeding, and in the 85' Espiroza finished them off with a bender into the top left corner. Angirly, Klopas stormed away from the assembled soccer media after refusing to answer any questions on the future of his team.

5.9 Rating
1 shot on target
Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Allen Says No for Loan to Exeter City
By Dave Seville

The rumors have been deemed true as reports are out saying that the leading scorer in MLS has declined to be loaned to Exeter City in the nPower league 2 division. Allen commented after practice, "I appreciate the interest from Exeter City, but I am happy with my place here in Chicago." My sources tell me that privately Allen was furious at being put out on loan while the Fire are still in the hunt for the MLS cup. We shall see how the manager reacts to the news that Allen has rejected his loan consideration. We are still hearing reports that other teams are interested in purchasing the young striker.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #38
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

The plane soon touched down in Houston for our game against the Dynamo. I was surprised to see more assembled media than usual, and I could soon see the reason why. My brother Al had arrived at the airport to personally greet me, with several members of the press in tow to shoot some pictures. He was taller than me by about three to four inches, with dreadlocks at the time, and for some reason he always wore sunglasses back then, no matter day or night.
“Hey, Alvie, welcome to H-Town,” he said.
“Thanks. I see you brought some friends,” I said as I gestured to the media.
“Don’t worry, it gets better,” he laughed.
As we walked to the team bus with the cameras behind us, I could see what he meant. Soon we were met with more media members, and who else was chatting it up with them than Theo Williams himself.
“Ah, here they are,” he smiled as he waved us over.
Cameras and voice recorders went on around us. I realized I may have been a little more famous than I thought.
“How does it feel to be able to play in front of your family in Houston?”
“What’s it like having an NBA superstar as your brother?”
“There are rumors you will be doing a documentary on your family. Any truth to that?”
The questions just kept coming, but Al just kept interrupting me and smoothly getting us through the throng that had assembled.
“People, people, that’s enough. I’m sure our soccer star has had quite a flight and needs to get to his hotel,” Theo boomed to start to shut down the questions. “We’ll see you at the game.”
“That’s my cue, little bro. Make me proud this weekend.” Al walked away, taking the media and a steady stream of fans with him as he walked through the terminal. This left me with Theo.
“Theo, what’s this all about?” he said as we kept walking in the opposite direction.
“ESPN ran a story on your family during one of the MLS games, and it was such a hit they decided to air it on Sportscenter,” he stated frankly. “You’re about to become a little more famous.
“Don’t you think that presents a little bit of a problem for our business arrangement?” I angrily said under my breath. “I can’t keep doing your dirty work if people start to recognize who I am.”
“Oh don’t worry about that,” he smirked, “Who will recognize you in Italy?”
And with that he walked away, bodyguards and sycophants following close behind. Italy? What on earth did he mean by that? I was a little sick of being a pawn in this man’s schemes. I needed to figure out a way to get out. Quinn was right. When my usefulness had worn out, I, or someone from my family, would end up dead. It was time to figure out a way to hit Theo back.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #39
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Jul 3, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs Houston Dynamo
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (8-2-6)011
Houston Dynamo (8-3-5)101
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FireHouston Dynamo
1Goals1
6Shots7
3Shots on Target5
7Tackles5
2Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
50%Shot Accuracy71%
86%Passing Percentage84%

Summary:
The stars were out tonight as the NBA rookie of the year, Allen Allen III, came check out his brother Alvin play for the Chicago Fire. The stadium was packed as the MLS' hot team, the Dynamo, expected to run over Chicago just like the past few teams have. However, the true star that came out tonight was GK Johnson, who had by far the best game of his career. After giving up an early goal to the Dynamo off of a corner in the 22', the young keeper kept out the Houston attack after being pressured all game. Bruin and Watson began an onslaught on the net after each build up, but Johnson was able to establish his authority with two great diving saves. His team would repay his effort, as in the 52' Allen made a run up the right side and slipped it in to Pause for the finish. The game would end in a 1-1 draw. Although the Dynamo dominated the match, the Fire stole 1 point and still remain in contention in the Eastern Conference.

6.3 Rating
4 shots, 2 on target
1 assist
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #40
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Lazio Buys MLS Star Rookie
by Dave Seville

Well, it looks like we now know what the Fire's response was to Alvin Allen's refusal to go out on loan. The Chicago Fire have sold their star player to Italian soccer power Lazio from Italian Serie A. The team is excited to see the 18 year old develop in their system and hopefully develop into an exciting striker in the years ahead. Rumors are that the deal is worth roughly 5 million dollars.

MLS fans are devastated that another American soccer player is going to Europe to play professionally. However, with the money that can be offered and the prestige against playing some of the best teams in the world, its hard for a young promising player not to jump at the opportunity when it happens.

Allen has not yet accepted the deal, and my sources tell me that he has not sat down to negotiate with Lazio over wages, which is indeed strange at the moment. We will keep you posted on any further developments as this story continues.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 04:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »