Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 08: Make or Break Year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=205329)

nine0bison 04-29-2007 11:22 PM

Madden 08: Make or Break Year?

After watching the interview on IGN.com, I heard a lot of promising things for this year's Madden. Sounds like they actually got some input from former players this year (not sure if that was the case in the past). They went on to say that they have included everything from previous versions plus some! So far so good. I really hope EA gets it together this year because anything else but greatness could be damaging...:y220:

aholbert32 04-29-2007 11:37 PM

Re: Madden 08: Make or Break Year?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine0bison (Post 3089671)
After watching the interview on IGN.com, I heard a lot of promising things for this year's Madden. Sounds like they actually got some input from former players this year (not sure if that was the case in the past). They went on to say that they have included everything from previous versions plus some! So far so good. I really hope EA gets it together this year because anything else but greatness could be damaging...:y220:

LOL! Make or Break? Maybe for hardcore gamers but thats about it. EA could put out the same crap with some tweaks this year and still sell a million copies. They have the NFL license so they are guaranteed to sell games.

Badboy49er 04-30-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 3089706)
LOL! Make or Break? Maybe for hardcore gamers but thats about it. EA could put out the same crap with some tweaks this year and still sell a million copies. They have the NFL license so they are guaranteed to sell games.

CO-SIGN!

TeeDogg 04-30-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 3089706)

I agree, its going to be an interesting year (especialy for us) but for EA, nothing is realy at stake. except maybe the chance to improve their relationship with the harcore comunity.

and im impressed they are trying, because with the license and their yearly sales, they realy dont even need to make the effort.

Boilerbuzz 04-30-2007 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeDogg (Post 3089803)
I agree, its going to be an interesting year (especialy for us) but for EA, nothing is realy at stake. except maybe the chance to improve their relationship with the harcore comunity.

and im impressed they are trying, because with the license and their yearly sales, they realy dont even need to make the effort.

The sad fact is that this is true.

The other sad fact is that in terms of what been said, nothing has really changed. For example - EA has ALWAYS gotten input from former players and coaches. It's what they have done with that input that has disappointed some in the past.

DaveDQ 04-30-2007 06:18 AM

For me it was lat year. You have a multi-million dollar company making a game for the second year on a new system and it's below average.

Meanwhile, other companies are taking advantage of these new systems, releasing games that are showing off the potential of next-gen.

It's definately time for Madden to deliver. Yes, the interview looked promising, but there's a lot to be taken care of for this game to be were I would like it to be in order to merit another $60.00 from my pockets.

spankdatazz22 04-30-2007 08:03 AM

I agree w/aholbert - and it helps people crave that NFL shield like a drug. Have to give EA credit though; they've done a fantastic job at getting people to expect less. When they do more, it's given more weight than it normally would. It's good they're finally tackling things like gang tackling or getting players to plant their feet so they don't skate over turf. But these are things that should've long been addressed - and when the reviews roll in no one's going to hold it against them that they're at least three years late in doing so

mdgoalie37 04-30-2007 01:50 PM

I think it's a make or break year for gamers like most of those here at OS, not so much for Madden gamers in general.