Home

Madden 08: Make or Break Year?

This is a discussion on Madden 08: Make or Break Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden 08: Make or Break Year?

After watching the interview on IGN.com, I heard a lot of promising things for this year's Madden. Sounds like they actually got some input from former players this year (not sure if that was the case in the past). They went on to say that they have included everything from previous versions plus some! So far so good. I really hope EA gets it together this year because anything else but greatness could be damaging...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden 08: Make or Break Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0bison
After watching the interview on IGN.com, I heard a lot of promising things for this year's Madden. Sounds like they actually got some input from former players this year (not sure if that was the case in the past). They went on to say that they have included everything from previous versions plus some! So far so good. I really hope EA gets it together this year because anything else but greatness could be damaging...
LOL! Make or Break? Maybe for hardcore gamers but thats about it. EA could put out the same crap with some tweaks this year and still sell a million copies. They have the NFL license so they are guaranteed to sell games.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL! Make or Break? Maybe for hardcore gamers but thats about it. EA could put out the same crap with some tweaks this year and still sell a million copies. They have the NFL license so they are guaranteed to sell games.
CO-SIGN!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

I agree, its going to be an interesting year (especialy for us) but for EA, nothing is realy at stake. except maybe the chance to improve their relationship with the harcore comunity.

and im impressed they are trying, because with the license and their yearly sales, they realy dont even need to make the effort.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 AM   #5
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I agree, its going to be an interesting year (especialy for us) but for EA, nothing is realy at stake. except maybe the chance to improve their relationship with the harcore comunity.

and im impressed they are trying, because with the license and their yearly sales, they realy dont even need to make the effort.
The sad fact is that this is true.

The other sad fact is that in terms of what been said, nothing has really changed. For example - EA has ALWAYS gotten input from former players and coaches. It's what they have done with that input that has disappointed some in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 AM   #6

OVR: 34

For me it was lat year. You have a multi-million dollar company making a game for the second year on a new system and it's below average.

Meanwhile, other companies are taking advantage of these new systems, releasing games that are showing off the potential of next-gen.

It's definately time for Madden to deliver. Yes, the interview looked promising, but there's a lot to be taken care of for this game to be were I would like it to be in order to merit another $60.00 from my pockets.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

I agree w/aholbert - and it helps people crave that NFL shield like a drug. Have to give EA credit though; they've done a fantastic job at getting people to expect less. When they do more, it's given more weight than it normally would. It's good they're finally tackling things like gang tackling or getting players to plant their feet so they don't skate over turf. But these are things that should've long been addressed - and when the reviews roll in no one's going to hold it against them that they're at least three years late in doing so

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it's a make or break year for gamers like most of those here at OS, not so much for Madden gamers in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »