Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Finn's revised editor - info here (/forums/showthread.php?t=220476)

capa 09-12-2007 07:30 AM

Finn's revised editor - info here

Finn,

I took the liberty of posting your info here (from other thread). I think it deserves a thread of its own! Thanks once again for all your dedication and hard work.

Misc. Notes:

* Depth chart access: Depth chart button, Main Menu Edit|Depth Chart, Double Click Team Image or Team Name, Right Click Team Name, Crtl-D shortcut.
* Change to 3-4 depth chart: Right Click team name.
* On the depth chart screen, to edit the depth chart of a position, click the position name. Clicking the player name will bring up the player editor. Importing/Exporting allows people working with the same roster file to share depth charts. (or allows you to restore teams depth charts in your franchise if the CPU screws them up).
* Auto Advance year now prompts for the number of years to advance.
* New Schedule action now allows you to select the year of the schedule.
* Edit game now allows minutes as well as hours (i.e. 4:15 pm). Time range expanded from noon to midnight. (used to be noon to 9)
* New option added: Check show all time teams to view Alumni/pro-bowl and celeb teams in the editor.
* Change default playbook by clicking the options tab for a team and selecting a different playbook. This options is only available for the NFL teams. Alumni/Pro-Bowl/Created teams are not supported.

Stay tuned for the coaching updates.

daflyboys 09-12-2007 07:43 AM

Re: Finn's revised editor - info here

Good idea capa. And I think that this thread should be for the new editor features and other complicated questions. Newbies should use the help function located in the editor for basic questions. Once this gets going I'm definitely going to hit up PayPal for a contribution....well worth it!!

Addendum: Okay....I've had a chance to look at it a little bit and my first question(s) are: since there's no slot for the TE right now, how do you assign TE1 vs TE2 vs the WR slots; and, will the final build have a seperate slot for the TE's?

FlyingFinn 09-12-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daflyboys (Post 2037732030)
Good idea capa. And I think that this thread should be for the new editor features and other complicated questions. Newbies should use the help function located in the editor for basic questions. Once this gets going I'm definitely going to hit up PayPal for a contribution....well worth it!!

Addendum: Okay....I've had a chance to look at it a little bit and my first question(s) are: since there's no slot for the TE right now, how do you assign TE1 vs TE2 vs the WR slots; and, will the final build have a seperate slot for the TE's?

Does the game allow editing of TE right or Slot Receivers as I didn't it they did? At least it didn't in my research. If it does, can you give a me a team that allows this so I can investigate?

Thanks,
Finn

daflyboys 09-12-2007 08:17 AM

Sorry, by "slot" I didn't mean slot receiver....simply a slot for them. The game definitely has a seperate screen for TE depth charting. (and by screen, I don't mean screen pass...:))

slimm44 09-12-2007 08:20 AM

Thanks for all your work Finn. You've made it possible for those who enjoy 2k5 to continue having fun with this game. Question - is it possible to make your editor show the overall ratings of the players and/or teams? Especially players. Thanks in advance.

slimm44 09-12-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daflyboys (Post 2037732072)
Sorry, by "slot" I didn't mean slot receiver....simply a slot for them. The game definitely has a seperate screen for TE depth charting. (and by screen, I don't mean screen pass...:))

Look next to the left tackle spot to find the tight ends, if that's what you're looking for. It took me a second to find it. Hope this helps.

daflyboys 09-12-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimm44 (Post 2037732081)
Look next to the left tackle spot to find the tight ends, if that's what you're looking for. It took me a second to find it. Hope this helps.

Ya...sorry...it was early.... and I have issues! :)

FlyingFinn 09-12-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimm44 (Post 2037732077)
Thanks for all your work Finn. You've made it possible for those who enjoy 2k5 to continue having fun with this game. Question - is it possible to make your editor show the overall ratings of the players and/or teams? Especially players. Thanks in advance.

If you can tell me how it is calculated, I will be glad to add it :google: