Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Does Anyone Remember...... (/forums/showthread.php?t=258569)

BleacherCreature 07-26-2008 11:28 PM

Does Anyone Remember......

Way back when sports games didn't have sliders?
We had, if we were lucky, 3 difficulty levels to shoose from? If we got too good on the easy (rookie) level we moved up to the middle level which was the "pro" level. Then once we figured that out we jumped up to.....look out......"all-star"?
And if we weren't very good we'd play and play till our fingers bled until we were good enough to win whatever championship was involved in whatever sports game we were playing?
Seeing all the slider testing and tweaking we're faced with now I kind of miss the simplicity of those early games.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

ChicagoSparty 07-27-2008 12:23 AM

Re: Does Anyone Remember......

This thread comes around every year. I wholeheartedly disagree.

Tyrant8RDFL 07-27-2008 12:59 AM

Tyrant8RDFL 07-27-2008 01:00 AM

I totally agree with his comment. Games were best with just levels of play period.
SOme Sliders are fine if done simple , but they are not and sometimes they dont work correctly.

I went back to just playing the level at Heisman default sliders and only touching the RB ability and run blocking. I notice one thing about this game. MOMENTUM. If u have it, all goes your way and if u dont then it doesnt, and no matter what u do with the sliders, u are not going to change the momentum, and this is way u see time after time, versions 1 thru 10 for slider settings.

Not knocking those that love to go through the sliders motions. Its cool that some members really go through alot to help others, but man no matter what we do it isnt going to fix what they programed wrong.

In the end u just need to play the game.