Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Cuttting/Transfers (/forums/showthread.php?t=275897)

Bamboospine1998 10-31-2008 03:17 PM

Re: Cuttting/Transfers

Quote:

Originally Posted by trayeight (Post 2038863630)
That's a lot of work, but I like that idea.

It doesn't have to be all that time consuming. I printed out a spreadsheet will all the ratings listed. I just fill in the numbers and some other things like Ht, Wt, etc...

A players appearence can be pretty time consuming, but unless you have an actual player in mind like Nick Sheridan, mentioned in the first post, and are looking for absolute accuracy, I don't worry about it on cpu generated players that I cut.

OMT 10-31-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2038866415)
Player cuts has been one of the fundamental flaws in the NCAA series for years. So much talent gets released by the CPU and vanishes every year, especially at the RB position. This would go a long way in fixing the competetive balance if these cut players could walk-on somewhere that needs bodies.

Yes, I have to admit this is pretty lousy. The rub here is that it has ALWAYS worked this way since recruiting was added to the game. While it COULD be fixed, it would require a lot of work and it is hard to justify a big investment in changing something that we have always done.

stewaat 10-31-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMT (Post 2038869385)
Yes, I have to admit this is pretty lousy. The rub here is that it has ALWAYS worked this way since recruiting was added to the game. While it COULD be fixed, it would require a lot of work and it is hard to justify a big investment in changing something that we have always done.

Just make sure the CPU recruits properly then...thanks!
:05:

OMT 10-31-2008 03:45 PM

I also have to admit to exploiting this sort of in my dynasty. I'll recruit players that I know I will cut to keep other teams from getting their hands on them and using them against me!:splat:

jfsolo 10-31-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMT (Post 2038869385)

I understand that time and money always rule the day, but having a very important(IMO) part of the game continue to be fundamentally flawed means that this game will always be much less then it could be.

Deegeezy 10-31-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2038869441)
I understand that time and money always rule the day, but having a very important(IMO) part of the game continue to be fundamentally flawed means that this game will always be much less then it could be.

I agree...I think this could be fixed by simply not allowing the CPU to over-recruit.

OMT 10-31-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2038869441)

While it IS important, it wouldn't rank that high on my list of things to rework.

yanks26ngoin 10-31-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMT (Post 2038869653)
While it IS important, it wouldn't rank that high on my list of things to rework.

Theres alot of things that need to be reworked, and there is more and more every year. Usually everytime a new game mode is added, or new feature in the dynasty mode is added, something gets screwed up. IMO, before adding anything new, you should fix everything, streching from gameplay to recruiting to cpu gameplay calling(i consider the cutting and transferring problem a fixing issue, as well as I do the whole experience and set up in Campus Legend mode, you totally messed it up this year). Once everything is fixed, then you add the new features, like an AD Mode.