Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Pass % and Int???? (/forums/showthread.php?t=277978)

claystone 11-07-2008 03:19 PM

Pass % and Int????

How is compl % and int's going on this game? Is there things such as sliders adjustments or roster tweaking that need to be made? I remember I use to play everything on "0" except for QB which i had at 20. I set both Human/cpu at the same settings.

I started playing again using the rosters that came with the game. I'm giving HC a break for awhile and starting 2k5 again.

I play cpu vs cpu on xbox 360. I like to just act as a GM when playing.

Thanks

claystone 11-08-2008 07:53 PM

Re: Pass % and Int????

Ok, I tweak the roster. I drop all CB's "catching" to 5 and all Safeties at 3 and LB's to 1. So far it eliminated the crazy int's in this game.

The only (2) reasons i stop playing 2k5 was the QB% being too low, and the DAM Int's.

puja21 11-08-2008 09:22 PM

LBs & safeties dont need to be as low as CB... they are already coded into the game to get fewer INTs during live play

i crank the passing slider to max for CPU & juice QB ratings slightly. then i put CB CTH @ 2-5 (and 10-25 for any among the top-5 for INT leaders that season). Safety CTH to 10 (except for any who are in the top-5 or so for INTs... they can go up to 25). LBs i leave at 15 & in 200 or so games i havent seen a multi INT game for LBs either HUM or CPU

daflyboys 11-08-2008 10:05 PM

Interestingly, last year there was approx. 401 total INT's thrown by all NFL QB's. There are 32 teams x 16 gms ea. for a total of 512 team games. That's about an avg. of 1.5 INT's per game for BOTH teams.

puja21 11-08-2008 10:17 PM

im personally not bothered at all by how many INTs per game there are. ATTs/INT is more important, IMO. in a typical season of the modern era NFL:
27-38 is in the range of avg
high 40s & up is elite

bsb13 11-09-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claystone (Post 2038890020)

The only (2) reasons i stop playing 2k5 was the QB% being too low, and the DAM Int's.

Unfortunately these two reasons plus the CPU's inability to stop QB sneaks/scrambles are the reasons I never could get into this game. This is one of those games I wanted to love so bad but there were just too many problems for me to over look. If this game would have just had an extra coat of polish, I would have loved it as much as everyone else.

daflyboys 11-09-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claystone (Post 2038890020)
Ok, I tweak the roster. I drop all CB's "catching" to 5 and all Safeties at 3 and LB's to 1. So far it eliminated the crazy int's in this game.

Don't want to sound cliche, but been there, done that.

itbeme23 11-10-2008 03:03 PM

I have something to add to this, and maybe Puja or somebody else can provide a little bit of insight.

I've been using Puja's latest test rosters (6.0), and I've been doing some slider tweaking of my own in order to get as much of a sim experience as possible. I'm still working on sliders, but I've always had the CPU passing slider jacked to 40 while having the Human coverage slider at 0. Despite this, I don't think that I've ever seen a CPU QB with a pass completion % over 60. Granted, with as many test games as I've played, I'm sure there was probably one or two that eclipsed 60%, but for the most part, the majority of the QBs are hovering around 57%-59%. Sometimes, they'll even be in the 40% range (eek). Being that I've already messed with the sliders, I'm wondering if this is a ratings issue. If so, how can I "fix" it? Everything else about this game is awesome (except for me giving up 150 on the ground every game, but I can fix that with sliders).

Any help is greatly appreciated.