Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does NFL Limit Draft Choices Like Madden? (/forums/showthread.php?t=377061)

filtertmp 11-19-2009 05:47 AM

Re: Does NFL Limit Draft Choices Like Madden?

The draft pick limit is likely a matter of practicality.. madden doesn't have any form of extended roster (like practice squads etc..), so it wouldn't make sense to allow you to pick up 10+ people without spots on your roster for them.

Cap penalties will be build up real fast if you unload several stars at once anyways.. might be doing you a favor.

TeamBuilder 11-19-2009 08:54 AM

I've been wanting this extended for years, if you have to cap it why not at least bump it to 15?

CM Hooe 11-19-2009 09:07 AM

Not sure the reason for the limit either, but keep in mind that teams in real life are awarded compensatory draft selections at the end of certain rounds as a result of losses in free agency. Madden does not have any concept of compensatory draft picks.

Valdarez 11-19-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cletusdog (Post 2040467420)
madden has had this dumb 10 pick limit for as long as i can remember.

just another one of their self imposed rules that only serves as an aggravation

I didn't like it because I wanted to truly have a 'dismantling year', where I break the team down and then build it back up. Due to the limitation I couldn't really do it.

People who want to game the system are always going to find a way to do it. They shouldn't worry about people gaming the system and instead focus on making it as realistic as possible for those of us who want to replicate the real thing.

kcarr 11-19-2009 11:01 AM

Yeah, I know in HC09 you are able to have as many picks as you want. If you want the entire 7th round of the draft and you have enough to trade away you can do that. Also, there you can trade for or trade away next years picks as well which really adds a lot to the draft day trading experience. In my last draft in there for instance I was able to trade away jerious norwood, john abraham, and chris houston to get the 2nd overall pick which I then traded for the 20th overall, a 2nd round pick, and a future first round pick. Something you could never do in madden but which shouldn't be that tough to put into a game.

P. Hays 11-19-2009 02:14 PM

I think that they should definetly add the feature to be able to trade away or trade for draft picks from the next year. You could do it in 2k9 basketball and I think its pretty realistic.

kwpit79 11-19-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarr (Post 2040467976)
Yeah, I know in HC09 you are able to have as many picks as you want. If you want the entire 7th round of the draft and you have enough to trade away you can do that. Also, there you can trade for or trade away next years picks as well which really adds a lot to the draft day trading experience. In my last draft in there for instance I was able to trade away jerious norwood, john abraham, and chris houston to get the 2nd overall pick which I then traded for the 20th overall, a 2nd round pick, and a future first round pick. Something you could never do in madden but which shouldn't be that tough to put into a game.

Yeah, I remember having 17 draft picks one year in HC'09 :)