Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   gameplan strategies (/forums/showthread.php?t=405541)

huskerwr38 03-23-2010 09:06 PM

gameplan strategies

What are some gameplan strategies tips that are helpful? I scout the opposing team and see, for instance, the Texans pass 55% and run 45%. It shows All and then you can cycle between 1st and long 2nd and long, etc. What should I be looking for? I don't really understand the gameplan aspect of this game. Each practice just focus on a player or a certain play just doesn't seem realistic to me. :shrug

cloudedskate 03-23-2010 09:31 PM

Re: gameplan strategies

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskerwr38 (Post 2040886746)
What are some gameplan strategies tips that are helpful? I scout the opposing team and see, for instance, the Texans pass 55% and run 45%. It shows All and then you can cycle between 1st and long 2nd and long, etc. What should I be looking for? I don't really understand the gameplan aspect of this game. Each practice just focus on a player or a certain play just doesn't seem realistic to me. :shrug

Gameplanning is the way to teach your players new plays. You have to teach the players the plays or else they will mess up and you will lose. In the preseason, you can only choose to work on one player or play. In the regular season, a whole bunch of new choices pop up. You are able to work on different sets. One choice might be "Work with OL" or another might be "Improve Shotgun plays". I normally choose those because they increase play knowledge for more than one play.

sketch22 03-24-2010 05:45 PM

Re: gameplan strategies

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudedskate (Post 2040886844)
In the preseason, you can only choose to work on one player or play.

To clarify he means that you can choose to focus on 1 rookie during the preseason however the whole team still gains play knowledge for whatever plays they ran in that practice. It just makes sure that the rookie hasn't mastered the play before the practice, if he has a new play is chosen.