Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Route Based Passing in Madden 10? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416460)

TNT713 05-26-2010 09:33 PM

Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

Yup... Only 2 of these routes were thrown more than once...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgTroLGdvtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgTroLGdvtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

All of these passes were thrown BEFORE the receivers made their cuts. Some earlier than others. The Post route that is in the vid twice, is one I had never tried to lead led before, so it's in there twice because I wanted to get another look at leading it...

My favorite is the Corner at the end... the ball travels about 8 yards in the air before the receiver breaks.

Later

Later

Pass_The_Cows 05-26-2010 10:00 PM

Re: Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

Now do it with a defense on the field and see what happens

atomant94 05-26-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows (Post 2041104780)

Co-Sign :waytogo:

TNT713 05-26-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows (Post 2041104780)

Defense is irrelevant. What matters is the mechanics of whether you can route based pass or not... The answer is YES, you can.

Showing you what you thought was impossible is not only possible, but something that can be done in less than 10 minutes with at least 5 different routes and most any receiver...

I guess it's no use fighting... Name your defense. I'll do another vid.

Later

Pass_The_Cows 05-26-2010 10:23 PM

I'm pretty sure almost everyone is aware you can throw a ball a step or two at the cut but it is nowhere near what APF2k8 has. Plus the CBs seem to jump the route even more often when you throw it at the cut.

bprioleau 05-26-2010 10:55 PM

The passes you threw were essentially just thrown to the wr early rather than being based on where he is supposed to be going.
Ex: Run another Post or Out Route or Anything for that matter, but this time let the receiver keep running his route and then try to lead him, the qb won't do it, he'll throw it right to the receiver or over throw him by 5yds or so.
This would work perfect vs Zone (gotta hit the receiver between the #'s) in the window, or if your wr is wide open. But vs Man-Man, if the Defender has any talent he'll make a play on the ball, or in Madden's case make a death-defying INT
The passing IMO should be Coverage based.

TNT713 05-26-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bprioleau (Post 2041105044)
The passes you threw were essentially just thrown to the wr early rather than being based on where he is supposed to be going.
Ex: Run another Post or Out Route or Anything for that matter, but this time let the receiver keep running his route and then try to lead him, the qb won't do it, he'll throw it right to the receiver or over throw him by 5yds or so.
This would work perfect vs Zone (gotta hit the receiver between the #'s) in the window, or if your wr is wide open. But vs Man-Man, if the Defender has any talent he'll make a play on the ball, or in Madden's case make a death-defying INT
The passing IMO should be Coverage based.

You can lead a receiver after his cut as well. It is more pronounced on long throw, slow, arcing throws.

I just did another video... I'll edit it tomorrow after work. This time it's Deep outs and hooks vs. Man defense. Got some good ones...

Later

Valdarez 05-26-2010 11:47 PM

This isn't route based passing. It's Lead Passing. It's completely different. In the example I provided, there's no use of any Lead Passing (Max Passing) to actually hit the receiver in their route. You're using Lead Passing to attempt to pick a spot to where the WR is meant to run their route in an attempt to mimic route based passing.

This is real route based passing. Not emulated. Notice the ball leaves the QB's hand before the receiver even begins making the cuts on their routes. There's no use of Max Passing to achieve route based passing in the examples below.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3V1Ib4j4Rs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3V1Ib4j4Rs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The addition of route based passing is only half of the problem. The big problem with Madden is the ability to throw/catch anytime, which simply isn't realistic, and it's the primary reason Madden has had to add to many defensive cheats to the game in order to compensate for the unrealistic passing game.