Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   They Fired Me (/forums/showthread.php?t=438816)

Andrews85 08-25-2010 12:33 PM

They Fired Me

Anyone else think that the game doesn't give coaches enough time to establish a good team?

I started my Buffalo dynasty a while back and I completely simulated Year 1 (except for recruiting) and went 4-8. Had a terrible recruiting class and my 2nd Year team was actually worse than the previous years. I make a cupcake schedule and manage to go 7-5 and get a bowl bid. Draft class was better but still terrible. Start my 3rd Year 4-0 and then injuries destroy my team. End up finishing 7-5 again with another bowl bid. Finally get a good recruiting class and BAM, contract terminated. I was so pissed.

My coaching contracts were as follows...

Year 1:
Beat Rival SU - Failed
Receive a Bowl Bid - Failed
Beat a 5 or 6 Star Program - Failed

Year 2:
Beat Rival SU - Failed
Receive a Bowl Bid - Completed

Year 3:
Beat Rival SU - Failed
Finish in the Top 3 of the MAC - Failed

Beating a 5 or 6 Star program isn't a realist goal for a team like Buffalo. It just seemed a little pie in the sky.

georgiafan 08-25-2010 12:45 PM

Re: They Fired Me

Seems like you had the team headed in the right direction, but they must put more weight into the goals then your overall record and bowl games.

uclabruins4ever 08-25-2010 12:50 PM

can you sue?

claim discrmination

This is America! It's never your fault!

Andrews85 08-25-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiafan (Post 2041515762)
Seems like you had the team headed in the right direction, but they must put more weight into the goals then your overall record and bowl games.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I had around 65-75% approval after my Year 3 bowl game so I thought they would definitely give me an extension. I'm thinking since I didn't meet any goals it must have given me a huge hit in approval rating.

It sucks to put all that work into something, finally get a ray of hope and then its done. I think I'm just going to start over and give it another shot instead of changing teams.

iAM-IncReDiBLe- 08-25-2010 12:54 PM

You got to beat your rivals.

PrettyT11 08-25-2010 12:54 PM

You lost to your number one rival three straight years and failed 8 out of 9 goals. You had a three year deal with 9 marks to reach and you only made one of them with as you said a walk in the park shedule. Yes the goal of beating a 5 or 6 star school might have been a reach of an goal but you failed to beat your rival and finish in the top 3. You should have been fired.

isd71 08-25-2010 01:00 PM

Man's that tough. The only time I got fired in an NCAA football game was back in 2004. I was Ohio a 1* team that was horrible. I was fired after two losing seasons but got an offer from Middle Tenn. State another 1*. When I looked at their roster I was shocked when I saw they had recruited an 80 ovr QB, needless to say we were good. You might want to keep the dynasty going and try a different team. A change of venue might be good for you.

tyler289 08-25-2010 01:00 PM

I think the goals for 1-star teams are always unrealistic. Beat 5-6 prestige teams, finish with a bowl bid, etc. Really tough to do early on.