Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Fictional Draft Classes (/forums/showthread.php?t=448885)

Whomario 10-07-2010 05:05 AM

Fictional Draft Classes Collection Thread

Anybody else doing theese again ? (CWSapp, Jukeman last year ?) Judging by this topic here itīs nescessary again : http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-broken-8.html

It would be great to get a list (filename and gamertag and system) in here with everybody who does one stating what the characteristics of their editing are, how low they go on potential/overall etc.

Iīll likely try to get one done by the end of the weekend.

Gamertags Xbox 360 with draft classes :

nsuplaya84 (CWSapp757 here) -- 3 classes as of now

Hym3n D3stroy3r --- 3 classes as of now (donīt know if heīs from OS, but they seem ok. Not as balances as CWSaps and a little on the strong side but well enough imo) --- named "Custom Realization V1" (and V2 and V3)

ViolentVirtuoso (Freak123 on here) --- 1 class as of now

CWSapp757 10-07-2010 04:14 PM

Re: Fictional Draft Classes

I'm on it man. I was just about to make a thread doing the same thing. It's definitely going to take some work this year with the extremely high rookie ratings.

CWSapp757 10-07-2010 04:20 PM

I'm thinking if we work together we can make at least 15 or 20 classes that everyone can use so they can enjoy their Associations. I have already started working on one. The attributes are pretty much done but I still have to put a little time in to appearance so that they don't all look generic. The highest player I had was a 75 I believe. There were about 5 or 6 players with a 70 or higher overall. As far as potential, I had one hidden gem in there who had I think a 66 overall but a 91 potential. Ill have to check when I get home from work. But just wanted to give you an idea of how I was approaching it.

mosdef328 10-08-2010 03:40 PM

Ths is awesome news! If you or anyone, wants to come up with a universal formula for these rosters (potential ratings, overall, etc...) I think more people would make them and we could all just have POTfix at the end of the filename or something.

Glenn33 10-08-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWSapp757 (Post 2041711573)
I'm thinking if we work together we can make at least 15 or 20 classes that everyone can use so they can enjoy their Associations. I have already started working on one. The attributes are pretty much done but I still have to put a little time in to appearance so that they don't all look generic. The highest player I had was a 75 I believe. There were about 5 or 6 players with a 70 or higher overall. As far as potential, I had one hidden gem in there who had I think a 66 overall but a 91 potential. Ill have to check when I get home from work. But just wanted to give you an idea of how I was approaching it.

:60: Thanks! This is awesome.

Whomario 10-09-2010 06:51 AM

Unfortunately, this year you really canīt create a realistic draft class in the way that thereīs busts and sleepers.

If you edit a 60 rated player into a 70 with high potential he wonīt stay a 2nd rounder (like it worked in 2K) but gets moved into the mid first round. The same if you edited a 78 player into a 69 with low potential, in 2K10 he would then still be projected as a lottery pick (and become a bust), in 2K11 the game reorders him to be a late first rounder likely ...

so stupid to change that from year to year ...

CWSapp757 10-09-2010 09:21 AM

Yeah that is stupid. My biggest issue is that lowering potential this year does not have as much of an effect as I would like. For example, a 61 overall center with a potential of 35 should not even sniff a 70 overall right. Well, I have a few players with similar attributes and they have all either reached 70 or are close to it only 4 years into their career. The worst part are that most of these guys are barely getting playing time so performance isn't the reason for the jump either.

I'm going to continue to restart my Association and do some research on progression and how it correlates with the potential rating this year. If this continues, the draft classes that we make are going to have to consist of much lower ratings at the bottom of the draft. As opposed to having so many 60 and 61 overalls near the bottom, we will have to lower a good chunk of them to mid and lower 50s. As of right now I'm just talking out the side of my neck but soon I will have some info. Either way, I'm sure we will figure it out.

Jukeman 10-09-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whomario (Post 2041718629)
Unfortunately, this year you really canīt create a realistic draft class in the way that thereīs busts and sleepers.

If you edit a 60 rated player into a 70 with high potential he wonīt stay a 2nd rounder (like it worked in 2K) but gets moved into the mid first round. The same if you edited a 78 player into a 69 with low potential, in 2K10 he would then still be projected as a lottery pick (and become a bust), in 2K11 the game reorders him to be a late first rounder likely ...

so stupid to change that from year to year ...

Dont forget that the draft stock raise and drop throught the season, a lottery may end up listed as top 5 and vice versa.