Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pro Style Offense (/forums/showthread.php?t=490699)

LSUFAN11 06-29-2011 01:01 AM

Pro Style Offense

Do any of you guys run a pro style offense in your offline or online dynasty? What type of players do you like to have or recruit to fit your system? I know how it works in real life but how does it translate to a video game? For example, Oregon's zone read works great in real life but in a video game not so much.

Thanks for any help!!

Broncos86 06-29-2011 01:27 AM

Re: Pro Style Offense

I run a pro style with CSU. I think the hardest recruit I have, and I find it's critical, is a solid fullback. Without that fullback, my HB suffers. If I get a solid FB and a solid TE, I'll be set. That really solidifies my running game and gives me a good outlet. I'm always after a solid pocket QB.

franch1se 06-29-2011 01:33 AM

I use USC, who of course uses a Pro style. I usually aim for a couple blocking TE's as well as a pass catcher at the position. I usually end up moving one to FB since FB's are rare in this game.

plak89 06-29-2011 05:00 AM

As far as receivers go, I usually tend to go after "possession" type receivers. Ones that don't necessarily have blazing speed, but they have good hands and run good routes. You'll need them to get open quicker as you won't have as much time to throw under-center as you would in a shotgun formation.

Randiesel75 06-29-2011 07:56 AM

That's my gripe as well. I can never find a good FB, so considering on making the transition to singleback this year. I am still trying to determine if this will suit me better. In other words, is it better for me to have a sub-par FB or none at all.

cap032 06-29-2011 09:38 AM

I always play with Bama who runs a pro style, but also has the single back formation. As others have stated, its hard to get good FB's. The way to overcome the FB situation is to get a good TE and change his position, or find that 230-240lb running back and move him.

He1nousOne1 06-29-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randiesel75 (Post 2042534836)
That's my gripe as well. I can never find a good FB, so considering on making the transition to singleback this year. I am still trying to determine if this will suit me better. In other words, is it better for me to have a sub-par FB or none at all.

Take a look at your tight ends. They often work out really well at fullback if you are looking for a mainly blocking fullback. Plenty of tight ends to be found to recruit. Just take a very close look at their stats while recruiting and look very closely meaning if you are at a point where you are mainly trying to recruit 4* recruits, you may drop down to 3* and even possibly 2* to find that TE that is all about the blocking.

In some Pro plays the fullback drops into the flat for passes and TE for the most part have better stats for doing that anyways so if you can find a really powerful blocking TE you are set at fullback in a PRO.

Randiesel75 06-29-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cap032 (Post 2042534980)
I always play with Bama who runs a pro style, but also has the single back formation. As others have stated, its hard to get good FB's. The way to overcome the FB situation is to get a good TE and change his position, or find that 230-240lb running back and move him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by He1nousOne1 (Post 2042535028)
Take a look at your tight ends. They often work out really well at fullback if you are looking for a mainly blocking fullback. Plenty of tight ends to be found to recruit. Just take a very close look at their stats while recruiting and look very closely meaning if you are at a point where you are mainly trying to recruit 4* recruits, you may drop down to 3* and even possibly 2* to find that TE that is all about the blocking.

In some Pro plays the fullback drops into the flat for passes and TE for the most part have better stats for doing that anyways so if you can find a really powerful blocking TE you are set at fullback in a PRO.

Good points, thanks guys.