Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Franchise Free Agency (/forums/showthread.php?t=505171)

brarstar 08-26-2011 11:26 PM

Franchise Free Agency

Why during the franchise (atleast in preseason) all that happens is I sign the player for 1 year and the amount they want which is usually like 850k???

Sorry if this has been discussed I looked for awhile.

brarstar 08-27-2011 09:09 PM

Re: Franchise Free Agency

Anyone have any ideas?

brarstar 08-28-2011 03:08 AM

Is this not happening for anyone else?

PaPZ187 08-28-2011 03:19 AM

Yeah I noticed that too....

Only thing I can think of is that the FAs that are still "unsigned" going into preseason and then eventually the regular season are just looking to get picked up on a 1 year deal, play well, and then next offseason look to get a longterm contract?

I would have to see how FA goes after the first season......hopefully this is the idea behind it because you can get some real steals in FA right now....guys like Brian Waters, Lofa Tatupu, Adam Odom, tons of OLine, etc for a 1 year deal worth next to nothing........as the Jets I had to pick up Brian Waters to play LG, Flozzell Adams to be a backup G/T and sub in as a TE in the Heavy I and Goal Line formations, and Nick Kazur as a backup LT to all help get us over the "hump" and win us a SB this year!

Dogslax41 08-28-2011 04:05 AM

I think it only really impacts the first year and in my opinion the $ amounts are right but the free agents are drastically over rated. These guys are all free agents in real life for a reason. I went in and reduced all their ratings so that my highest free agent was a 79 to start the season. I mean Tiki Barber an 83? Who thought that was legit? Was he even an 83 in his last appearance in Madden?

Realistically, the only reason they would be signed past this point would be to fill in for an injury but since they were improperly rated some of them could come in and be stars on some teams current rosters. As injury fillers most of these players, now that they have probably gotten the message that teams aren't interested in them full time would jump at a contract for just under $1M for a year.

brarstar 08-28-2011 10:57 PM

Ya guess it's a 1st year problem because there are some big name free agents still

ggsimmonds 08-28-2011 11:00 PM

It makes sense to me and I want it to stay this way. It is basically a one year deal for the veteran minimum and that makes sense. No reason for their contract to be higher because they have no bargaining chips.

XI CMURDER IX 09-02-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brarstar (Post 2042770965)
Why during the franchise (atleast in preseason) all that happens is I sign the player for 1 year and the amount they want which is usually like 850k???

Sorry if this has been discussed I looked for awhile.

If you go into the player management screen where you can find your players. Hold down the left trigger, and go to free agents. Then you can sign them for more then one year.