Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK (/forums/showthread.php?t=506668)

JAYMERK 09-01-2011 10:16 AM

COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK

No one is not talking about the coverage shift bug in this game. When you are in a cover, 2, 4 or more you should be able to shift the coverage to the left, middle, or right. It works in Madden but not in this game. If you look at it in practice, the safeties stop running and only react after an offensive player has passed them. They are 2 steps behind the players and possibly give up the score. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

JoBo513 09-01-2011 10:33 AM

Re: COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK

I did not notice this. You should post this in the glitches and bugs thread.

BadAssHskr 09-01-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAYMERK (Post 2042794569)
No one is not talking about the coverage shift bug in this game. When you are in a cover, 2, 4 or more you should be able to shift the coverage to the left, middle, or right. It works in Madden but not in this game. If you look at it in practice, the safeties stop running and only react after an offensive player has passed them. They are 2 steps behind the players and possibly give up the score. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

i'm going to agree and say it either doesn't work, or the shift is so very subtle that it needs to be increased.

HokieTokie 09-01-2011 12:27 PM

You should try this in a game and see. Practice Mode vs Game Mode plays a lot different (ex. QBA @ 0). I'll shift my coverage all the time in online games, and it seems to work, but I've never payed that much attention.

If this is true...wow.

waytofailself 09-01-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieTokie (Post 2042795079)
You should try this in a game and see. Practice Mode vs Game Mode plays a lot different (ex. QBA @ 0). I'll shift my coverage all the time in online games, and it seems to work, but I've never payed that much attention.

If this is true...wow.

It's true in game too. Was not pleased.

lil_taul 09-02-2011 04:10 AM

i play offline dynasty and i shift my coverage almost every play, especially if i got a single high safety and the cpu on the hash marks. im shifting him to that side and it work every time

HokieTokie 09-02-2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil_taul (Post 2042798936)
i play offline dynasty and i shift my coverage almost every play, especially if i got a single high safety and the cpu on the hash marks. im shifting him to that side and it work every time

Yeah I use it against the CPU a lot too. It always seems like the DB's shift over. I try and watch out of the corner of my eye.

Old School SD Fan 09-02-2011 10:32 AM

The safeties don't move, the feature doesn't and hasn't ever worked so far as I can remember. Kinda like the 'charge up the crowd' feature this year.