Home

COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK

This is a discussion on COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK

No one is not talking about the coverage shift bug in this game. When you are in a cover, 2, 4 or more you should be able to shift the coverage to the left, middle, or right. It works in Madden but not in this game. If you look at it in practice, the safeties stop running and only react after an offensive player has passed them. They are 2 steps behind the players and possibly give up the score. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: COVERAGE SHIFT DOES NOT WORK

I did not notice this. You should post this in the glitches and bugs thread.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMERK
No one is not talking about the coverage shift bug in this game. When you are in a cover, 2, 4 or more you should be able to shift the coverage to the left, middle, or right. It works in Madden but not in this game. If you look at it in practice, the safeties stop running and only react after an offensive player has passed them. They are 2 steps behind the players and possibly give up the score. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.
i'm going to agree and say it either doesn't work, or the shift is so very subtle that it needs to be increased.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

You should try this in a game and see. Practice Mode vs Game Mode plays a lot different (ex. QBA @ 0). I'll shift my coverage all the time in online games, and it seems to work, but I've never payed that much attention.

If this is true...wow.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
You should try this in a game and see. Practice Mode vs Game Mode plays a lot different (ex. QBA @ 0). I'll shift my coverage all the time in online games, and it seems to work, but I've never payed that much attention.

If this is true...wow.
It's true in game too. Was not pleased.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

i play offline dynasty and i shift my coverage almost every play, especially if i got a single high safety and the cpu on the hash marks. im shifting him to that side and it work every time
Old 09-02-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_taul
i play offline dynasty and i shift my coverage almost every play, especially if i got a single high safety and the cpu on the hash marks. im shifting him to that side and it work every time

Yeah I use it against the CPU a lot too. It always seems like the DB's shift over. I try and watch out of the corner of my eye.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

The safeties don't move, the feature doesn't and hasn't ever worked so far as I can remember. Kinda like the 'charge up the crowd' feature this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »